Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 11, 2009
Rochester, NY
I had this idea of doing a version of the popular "War of Attractions: Battle BGW" game but with BGW's defunct rides, attractions, and shows. Swiftman thought we should start it July this year. Before it happens I need a complete list of BGW's former rides and shows. I know a few of the obvious ones like the Wolf, Le Mans, DrachenFire, etc. but to create a larger list I will need some input from some of the fans who have been able to experience BGW's glory days!

Questor, Threadneedle Fair, The Enchanted Laboratory, Eagles Nest, Gladiators Gauntlet, the spider ride in Oktoberfest (the name escapes me).

I'll try to think of some more on the plane.

Wild Maus of course! Corkscrew Hill. Holiday in Roma (Italy show). Wild Wings (bird show before Pet Shenanigans). IRISH THUNDER & Emerald Beat, the two previous Irish dance shows. IMAGINIQUE and Kinetix.

Here's the list so far:

Die Wildkatze
Das Kätzchen
Glissade
The Big Bad Wolf
DrachenFire
Little Nessie
Wild Maus
Le Mans Raceway
Petting Zoo
Corkscrew Hill
Holiday In Roma
Wild Wings
Emerald Beat
Irish Thunder
Imaginique
Kinetix
Questor
Threadneedle Fair
The Enchanted Laboratory
Eagles Nest
Gladiators Gauntlet
Die Schwarze Spinne (spider ride)
4-D Haunted Lighthouse
Pirates 4-D

This list will be more organized once it's finished. I may sort the attractions in alphabetical order or by type. (Coasters, flats, then shows.)

I was also wondering whether or not I should include the monorail that transported people between the park and the brewery. It's technically an attraction.

I am not good with names too, it might already be listed above. It was in Italy before Apollo's Chariot. pirate ships that went forwards backwards and sideways

ArrowWolf1984 said:
Here's the list so far:

Die Wildkatze
Das Kätzchen
Glissade
The Big Bad Wolf
DrachenFire
Little Nessie
Wild Maus
Le Mans Raceway
Petting Zoo
Corkscrew Hill
Holiday In Roma
Wild Wings
Emerald Beat
Irish Thunder
Imaginique
Kinetix
Questor
Threadneedle Fair
The Enchanted Laboratory
Eagles Nest
Gladiators Gauntlet
Spider Ride (name?)
4-D Haunted Lighthouse
Pirates 4-D

This list will be more organized once it's finished. I may sort the attractions in alphabetical order or by type. (Coasters, flats, then shows.)

I was also wondering weather or not I should include the monorail that transported people between the park and the brewery. It's technically an attraction.
Here is a few more things
Shows-
Rocking the boat
La Julie Plume Bird Circus
Haunts of the Old Country
Mark Wilson's Worlds Greatest Illusions
America on Ice
Hats Off to Hollywood
Journey into Music
Stage Struck
Kaleidoscope

Area attractions-
the country of Hastings
The Battlements--Electronic shooting Gallery
Reflections Shadow Room--Hastings area
Grimm's Hollow
The Canadian palladium

Rides-
the Spider Ride name? Die Schwarze Spinne or the monster ride
Der Blitzschneller- trabant ride
I would include the monorail

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but whatever the show was where Le Catapult is, like American Jukebox or something like that.

Dublin Over also used to be in the Abbeystone once the Irish dance show closed for the season, so it was a full theater show awa the shorter street show version == just in case you wanted more trivia! :)

Didn't there used to be a show in the land of the dragons? I remember there being a show there with dragons and some guy.

Here's the list updated:

Die Wildkatze
Das Kätzchen
Glissade
The Big Bad Wolf
DrachenFire
Little Nessie
Wild Maus
Le Mans Raceway
Petting Zoo
Corkscrew Hill
Holiday In Roma
Wild Wings
Emerald Beat
Irish Thunder
Imaginique
Kinetix
Questor
Threadneedle Fair
The Enchanted Laboratory
Eagles Nest
Gladiators Gauntlet
4-D Haunted Lighthouse
Pirates 4-D
Rocking the boat
La Julie Plume Bird Circus
Haunts of the Old Country
Mark Wilson's Worlds Greatest Illusions
America on Ice
Hats Off to Hollywood
Journey into Music
Stage Struck
Kaleidoscope
Hastings
The Battlements--Electronic shooting Gallery
Reflections Shadow Room--Hastings area
Grimm's Hollow
The Canadian palladium
Der Blitzschneller

It's definitely getting bigger than I thought. I may make a few adjustments and try to condense the list.

I may remove everything from Hastings and just add Gastings to the list as one big attraction.

Again, the list isn't done yet and when I think I have every defunct BGW attraction I will neatly sort it out and save it for the game in July.

Any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions; please feel free to reply.

Thanks everyone for your input! :D

Scoutn757 said:
Threadneedle fair owns my childhood. I weep tears of unicorns thinking about it.

I'm right with you there Scout.

What about the fun house that was in Hastings? "Topsy Turvy Manor".

Oh, and "Grimms Hollow"? (pre "Land of the Dragons")

The magic show that was infront of the old gypsy cart?
This was when the cart was near the traintracks betweem the birds and France, before they relocated it to Festa.

Arrow, one thing (and you've probably already thought of this) if the list gets too unwieldy is to separate out a category for a later game. Like maybe shows should come out and be a separate game, with all current and past shows? Just a thought, and might be better than having to leave some things out altogether or condense too many things together. I for one would rather battle Irish Thunder and Imaginique, say, than try to figure out if either of those stunning shows should rank above one of the coasters.

ArrowWolf1984 said:
Here's the list so far:

Die Wildkatze
Das Kätzchen
Glissade
The Big Bad Wolf
DrachenFire
Little Nessie
Wild Maus
Le Mans Raceway
Petting Zoo
Corkscrew Hill
Holiday In Roma
Wild Wings
Emerald Beat
Irish Thunder
Imaginique
Kinetix
Questor
Threadneedle Fair
The Enchanted Laboratory
Eagles Nest
Gladiators Gauntlet
4-D Haunted Lighthouse
Pirates 4-D

I was also wondering whether or not I should include the monorail that transported people between the park and the brewery. It's technically an attraction.

Don't forget "Ghosts of the Globe"! This was the original show in England at the Globe Theater. It was a staage production that was loaded with theatrical special effects (explosions, trap doors, etc.) and very, very good!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad