Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island is part show, part interactive story-telling experience. It’s spread across several acres in the back of the park, building on the Old West theme of Frontier Town in the space formerly occupied by Dinosaurs Alive.

Guests can access the island via a new rope-powered raft, a shaky bridge or boardwalk.

The park is hoping to create a family-friendly space, where visitors can work together to piece together clues, solve puzzles and have some fun in friendly

Reactions: wombat96

belsaas

Professional Shitposter
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
This looks incredible!

This is the sort of attraction I am so hungry for at Busch Gardens. I love being able to interact with people in-character at places like Disney and Universal, and this looks like a great extension of Knott's Berry Farm's Ghost Town Alive.

I will definitely try to head up this summer and experience this.

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
PLEASE come to KD in the next year or so! They could easily utilize the old Dino’s Alive space and create such a cool Colonial Virginia experience with this in Old VA!

I think I’m the only one who would rather see this in that spot rather than a roller coaster...

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
I think I’m the only one who would rather see this in that spot rather than a roller coaster...

I would only because Grizzly needs the trees it has left, adding a coaster would clear cut the rest of its isolation.

Last edited:

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
I don't think KD and CW have similar audiences... Maybe KD could focus on Civil War era VA. Have some burned houses and KKK members. The Governor would love that.

This is a regular season attraction, not a new Haunt maze ???

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I’d be concerned that KD’s old Dinosaurs Alive plot wouldn’t generate enough traffic to justify hiring so many actors. DA at Cedar Point was visible from several points around the park, so I think guests will have no trouble seeing Forbidden Frontier and venturing over to the island to check it out. The space at KD is so off the beaten path and secluded I’m worried it would spend a lot of its time being a ghost town (no pun intended).

That said, they could modify it to be less focused on actors and more focused on the environment, visuals, and interactive exhibits. KD could put more emphasis on playgrounds and educational experiences. And if in Old Virginia, the theme could be more related to mountain wilderness than colonial times, so I don’t see redundancy with CW as an issue.

They could even have some fun with the name. “Forbidden Frontier of Old Virginia” or how about “Forbidden Frontier at Grizzly Gulch”?

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
Just a thought, probably not a good one, but if KD goes down the line with this experience as CP, I think maybe be a fun way to maybe do the task, do the quiz, gain the support to help rescue the Grizzly cubs that are on the verge of extinction due to lots of fire ravaged areas that were brought on by Old Virginia ways to make room for moonshining, and greed by the ever growing population of big dreams of striking it rich to become the next Tycoon of lost gold, or making a town after them. Which then fails and leaving ghost towns, lost dreams, and the loss of future Grizzly bears and other animals in the area.

Just a little brain derp of how maybe KD could do this, based off of what both CP and Knott's are doing for interactive area with actors, and such.
Sorry, hope I didn't derail the thread, but also since I am a animal lover and some ideas.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad