Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. $70 get in free 180 days is throwing money in the trash. And you said yourself that lowering costs increases volume (essentially, it's the crux of the whole "let them in" argument).

You'd get more customers at $50 than you do at $70 and I do believe you'd sell a ton of $90 summer passes.

Let's do this --

Zachary, what year did the Fun Card start, and do you have the attendance figures from the years immediately before and after the switch? Also, ticket pricing structure before the Fun Card vs. After.

Thanks.

That'd be like squeezing one end of a long balloon....You are merely shifting the air from one end of the balloon to the other. In the end, the same amount of air is still inside the balloon.

Catch my drift?

And I must say....I cannot for the life of me believe that 50% of your everyday park visitors are pass holders. Uh uh.....Not with all those groups. Not with all those people I've spoken with over the course of this season. Most everyone I have talked to are from WAY out of town & don't have passes. I would believe at MOST we are talking 70/30.

Sure wish we could get a definitive ratio from the park on this particular metric....

IndyRacingNut said:
And I must say....I cannot for the life of me believe that 50% of your everyday park visitors are pass holders. Uh uh.....Not with all those groups. Not with all those people I've spoken with over the course of this season. Most everyone I have talked to are from WAY out of town & don't have passes. I would believe at MOST we are talking 70/30.

Surveys of 30,000 or so people leave out the 2.7 million that also fit into that group. Small sample sizes can lead to huge skews of results. Sure it gives you a good sample size of who's in the group but it doesn't give you a good idea of who stands where.

I too have a hard time believing nearly 40% have passes. Judging from the blank stares and stupid questions I see/hear whenever I'm there.

Volume of people in the door would go up at a lower ticket price, but increasing the multi-day price would mean you had to have people making a buyers' commitment to come back. They wouldn't be just trying to come back for "something to do" and then not spending money. This kind of plays into what PK and I were talking about earlier.

Really without more information, we can't know. It's all conjecture. Which is a point I made in the very beginning: that it's really difficult to show correlation vs. cause without a lot of supplementary info.

I saw an article state that at SeaWorld they were getting about 30% attendance from pass members and that's where they wanted to be. I'd imagine Williamsburg would be north of that.

Reactions: b.mac
IndyRacingNut said:
Maintain status quo. Better management of costs is what's in order here. Not more constant manipulation of the admission costs to the GP.

YES!! That's what I've been wondering... Where is all their money going!? It could be compared to making a budget for your family. If you've got a certain amount of money coming in, you'd better make sure your basics (food, bills, mortgage, electric, etc.) (PARK OPERATING COSTS) are covered before you go and blow all your money on renovating the basement (France renovation???? IDK where they're spending all their dough!?). And here's the thing-- attendance IS up, and revenue IS up!! So where the heck is it going!?

LINK

^^ PLEASE give this a quick read. I think it is very relevant to this conversation.

Out of EVERYTHING I've seen, that article says the most. The last sentence in the article says it all. "Busch Gardens is in a quiet period....."

THAT signifies an impending sale right there, folks.

Reactions: Planeteer and Julia
^^ The article was from April. Don't they just mean that the park wasn't operating yet, so they weren't available to reach? Maybe I read it wrong.

Read what I said earlier. Anytime a publicly traded company like SEAS (that's the stock symbol for the SeaWorld entertainment group) says they're in a "Quiet Period", that means there's either an impending sale, or a IPO about to happen.

Now it is true that the IPO for SEAS did happen in April, but given all the events we have witnessed over the last month, it's a foregone conclusion that, along with SEAS announcing they will start paying quarterly dividends, that Blackstone is actively propping up the parks for sale. All of them. Not just Busch Gardens ones. NO filing w/the SEC has been made to spin off the BG parks from the rest of the SEAS company, so it appears SeaWorld parks are along for the ride as well.

I think we've pretty much reached the end of the Fun Card debate, anyway, haha.

When we began this thing seven pages ago, some people thought Fun Cards were a good idea, and some did not. Now, after some 93 posts on the topic, we've reached the point where some people think it's a good idea, and some people don't.

Internet forums at their finest, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad