Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 19, 2013
Will that area be across from the clydsdale carousel and smoking section or did they remove that smoking section? If the smoking section is still there, seems like a bad place to put a food location. I always thought a smoking section near a kids ride was bad form.

Jan 7, 2014
Centreville, VA
jpcommons said:
Will that area be across from the clydesdale carousel and smoking section or did  they remove that smoking section?  If the smoking section is still there, seems like a bad place to put a food location. I always thought a smoking section near a kids ride was bad form.

To answer your question, yes its across from Lil Clydes. And the smoking section was removed from there. The closest smoking section is to the left of Abbey Stone Theater.

Apr 5, 2017
Really excited about some of the offerings this year. Anyone know what discount if any platinum passholders recieve off the sampler tickets?

Reactions: jornor

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Here is our comprehensive review of the 2016 F&WF; and here is a broader look at the event.

Both have specific recommendations:  

"This year we have decided to split our report into two parts: (1) an overview of the booths and (2) a review of the festival as a whole. The former will include our favorite dishes from each kiosk, while the latter, which we will publish next week, will highlight other recommended entrees and our selections for best dessert. We once again elected to rate the sweets against each other, rather than comparing them to the savory options at each kiosk, and as a result, each has its own “Best in Booth.”  We did not select a favorite entree or dessert, when there was only one available; first place was not given by default."

We will be doing the 2017 review the first weekend, and will hopefully publish before the second.

Feb 14, 2017
horsesboy said:
mountaineers said:
Really excited about some of the offerings this year.  Anyone know what discount if any platinum passholders recieve off the sampler tickets?

Last year there were no discounts at all for them.

Dont know if this changes anything for this year but I just went to the SeaWorld Orlando food festival and I got the normal 10% discount off the samplers with my platinum pass.

Feb 6, 2016
BBW said:
This year, I am NOT going to avoid the F&W Festival, as I have in the past.  What are your DON'T MISS food recommendations?  :)

I was going to recommend the France booth but it looks like 2016 was the end of that. =(

CastleOSullivan said:
I have heard that they will be relocating the Southwest America kiosk to the new plot in Scotland.

Or you could check the booth Map on BG's website for locations.

zqzEguS.png

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
SatansHockey said:
horsesboy said:
mountaineers said:
Really excited about some of the offerings this year.  Anyone know what discount if any platinum passholders recieve off the sampler tickets?

Last year there were no discounts at all for them.

Dont know if this changes anything for this year but I just went to the SeaWorld Orlando food festival and I got the normal 10% discount off the samplers with my platinum pass.

Maybe but each park sets their own rules on this sort of stuff. If I remember correctly kast year employees didn't even get a discount on them.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad