Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Official Event Map:​

22_BGW_Events_FW_Map.jpg

Official Event Information:​

Official Menus:​

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
BGW announced the 2022 Food & Wine festival today.

Feel free add any additional relevant/useful info you spot on the website to the thread's wiki post if you feel so inclined.

Last edited:

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
New for this year:

Random food poisoning from BGW trying to serve raw tuna:

NEW! Spicy Tuna Sushi Cup
sushi rice, nori flakes & spicy mayo

Last edited:

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Holy crap have the samplers always been that expensive? Sheesh. Wonder what the Bier Fest sampler is going to run this year, it was easy to sell people on going when it was $35 but $80+ would get a lot of hard "nos" from people.
The $80 one is 15 items that works out to an average cost of 5.34 an item when viewed that way it's actually a fairly reasonable price point in our current situation

The $80 one is 15 items that works out to an average cost of 5.34 an item when viewed that way it's actually a fairly reasonable price point in our current situation
That's fair, I'm just thinking in comparison to Bier Fest where it was $33 for the 10 sample sampler. That's my only comparison data point for BGW......except BGT and SWOs much more expensive beer festivals in the fall last year which are more in line with this.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
That's fair, I'm just thinking in comparison to Bier Fest where it was $33 for the 10 sample sampler. That's my only comparison data point for BGW......except BGT and SWOs much more expensive beer festivals in the fall last year which are more in line with this.
The 10 sample one is $60. Food and Wine has always run higher then Bier Fest. I believe last year's 10 sample fir Food and Wine was 50. It's also worth noting that even in previous years we gave select items as high as 9 bucks at Foid and Wine so again this is actually a decent deal despite the sticker shock.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Yes, to address any ambiguity, I looked up last year‘s prices before saying in my previous post that both samplers went up $10. They went from $49 and $69 to $59 and $79.

Reactions: chevyhd17

EdK

Feb 26, 2021
It looks like they have Scotch and Bourbon tastings this year. I wonder if they'll have my favorite - 12 yr Balvenie. Or if they'll provide a glass of water so you can add a few drops before tasting each one. Not a big fan of straight up Bourbon though.

Murphy

Silver Donor
Jul 16, 2019
It looks like they have Scotch and Bourbon tastings this year. I wonder if they'll have my favorite - 12 yr Balvenie. Or if they'll provide a glass of water so you can add a few drops before tasting each one. Not a big fan of straight up Bourbon though.
Other bourbon tastings that they've hosted in past have had the water available. I believe the bourbon tasting in Emerald Isle had a dropper that they used to distribute it. Depending on who is working the booth, some will actively encourage it depending on the alcohol, or suggest that you try it both ways.

Reactions: EdK
Mar 18, 2017
I hate to be the negative post here but just a little warning of what happened to me at Mardi Gras this year. Some of you may remember my post about being shorted on the sampler card. Here goes: We bought a sampler card for 10 items at the Mardi Gras food tasting. They give you a heavy stock paper card with 10 numbers along the bottom edge. With 2 numbers still left on the card and unpunched I was refused 2 items and told the card had been used up. I protested that 2 numbers were still unpunched and I was ignored. The only thing I can figure was when we used the card for beignets the TM scanned the card twice. I can only assume he scanned the item and charged us for 4 orders instead of two I still have the card with the unpunched numbers. Anyway, I would emphasis that when you use the card you question if they try to scan it twice and then look at your receipt to make sure you have been charged correctly. I know I will be.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I hate to be the negative post here but just a little warning of what happened to me at Mardi Gras this year. Some of you may remember my post about being shorted on the sampler card. Here goes: We bought a sampler card for 10 items at the Mardi Gras food tasting. They give you a heavy stock paper card with 10 numbers along the bottom edge. With 2 numbers still left on the card and unpunched I was refused 2 items and told the card had been used up. I protested that 2 numbers were still unpunched and I was ignored. The only thing I can figure was when we used the card for beignets the TM scanned the card twice. I can only assume he scanned the item and charged us for 4 orders instead of two I still have the card with the unpunched numbers. Anyway, I would emphasis that when you use the card you question if they try to scan it twice and then look at your receipt to make sure you have been charged correctly. I know I will be.
I noticed that the register people were really bad during Mardi Gras about punching tickets which is part of why they may not have believed your story. Unless they changed something the remaining count will actually appear on your receipt when they print it I always check that to see. For the record my Mardi Gras sampler was missing 3 punches so 50% of the time a clerk would tell me I had more left then I really did.

May 18, 2021
At first I was thinking .. only three locations where wine tastings would be available? But then I noticed the fork icon was also a wine glass. So I presume a tasting location will have wine for tasting, which is not to be confused with wine tastings.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I’m just glad after all these years they are finally getting Australian food samples. Great eats from down under.
Be careful what you ask for I could easily see BGW's take on Australia be what ever they see on an Outback menu.

Jun 6, 2013
Doesn't seem like much new, to me some booth's are feeling stale. Also what's going on with the location where Mediterranean was over by Escape from Pompeii? Greece is now in Ireland.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad