2019 Food and Wine Festival

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 24, 2009
Yea, just like every year. I do find it interesting that on such a slow day when many stands and shops were closed that this particular location was open as its so out of the way.

Reactions: BenWilkerson
Aug 23, 2017
Yea, just like every year. I do find it interesting that on such a slow day when many stands and shops were closed that this particular location was open as its so out of the way.
A good reason for this is so that you can open the stand to practice running through all the motions without the stress of a large number of customers. You can take your time getting to know things and learning the ropes without customers whining about slow service or a bunch of incorrect orders.

Nov 24, 2009
A good reason for this is so that you can open the stand to practice running through all the motions without the stress of a large number of customers. You can take your time getting to know things and learning the ropes without customers whining about slow service or a bunch of incorrect orders.
It was literally the only stand in the park open and the one booth with probably the simplest menu. They only serve slushee wine type drinks out of frozen drink machines. It’s literally a fill the glass and hand it to customer operation. This same booth/location is usually open the weekend before every year for some reason. I think it’s the fact there really isn’t much prep needed and the can try and squeeze out a few bucks of it being open for a extra weekend.

Nov 24, 2009
That would make sense if they actually had people learning what they will be doing for the festival but 2 or 3 people working at a single open booth makes no sense. Opening day to me has always felt like training day for the event and it takes a couple weekends for things to settle in.

Sep 24, 2018
That would make sense if they actually had people learning what they will be doing for the festival but 2 or 3 people working at a single open booth makes no sense. Opening day to me has always felt like training day for the event and it takes a couple weekends for things to settle in.
People have to learn how to actually mix those drinks and do the prep work. Just because it's easy to stand there and sell doesn't mean there isn't more work/logistics involved.

Also not sure how it's supposed to be open every year when there has never been a F&W booth in that location ever.

Feb 3, 2019
To maybe (hopefully?) switch to a more pleasent topic; food and wine. Who's going this weekend?

I'll be there. Current plan is to go briefly on Friday (only for free item). Saturday bgw and Sunday wcusa (for cutback)

Reactions: BGWnut
Feb 3, 2019
Yeah. I was very disappointed that I missed that one.. I was both present that day and had bought the preview... But didn't see the post til later. I was still figuring our which subforums were important to keep an eye on at that point.

For what it’s worth @Zachary i took away the following notes. Of course they aren’t as detailed as if I’d been noting for others..

Carne Asada was reasonably good but messy (drippy)
Chicken adobo was bland and disappointing
Lavender lemonade was delicious and refreshing though I had concerns about if the our sample was to be the same size as the actual fest it seemed like a lot to pay for a small drink.
Coconut mousse was also, for me, really good. I felt they nailed the texture and flavor balance.

My wife got the shrimp taco because that was all she wanted to try. She loved it.

Last edited:
Login or Register to Hide This Ad