Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I guess the launch carves out some of the Time Shaft entrance. It's a very hard angle to look sometimes! That's nice to know though.

Also there is a still a small area behind the waterfall where the actual ride was at. You wouldn't be looking at anything pretty back there and the ride would be sorta disclosed from any viewings of the pathway, but I think it's doable.

Evan said:
I guess the launch carves out some of the Time Shaft entrance. It's a very hard angle to look sometimes! That's nice to know though.

I don't think any of the Time Shaft's entry and exit tunnels have been touched by Volcano. The entrance (and exit) went down at an incline. The ride itself was underground, or at least below the ground level of the entire mountain and the other attractions. It felt like you were walking into an underground cave every time you went in.

Unagi said:
Evan said:

I don't think any of the Time Shaft's entry and exit tunnels have been touched by Volcano.  The entrance (and exit) went down at an incline.  The ride itself was underground, or at least below the ground level of the entire mountain and the other attractions.  It felt like you were walking into an underground cave every time you went in.

Actually, the tunnel rose gradually. Probably no more than 3 feet from the entrance to the ride chamber/cave (over 40-50 yards). That part of the mountain is built into a hillside. next time you visit the park, go into the FOF plaza and look through the fence between the former Mt.Kilimanjaro structure and the ride exit. I appeared to me that the ground dropped 20 feet from the FOF plaza to the ground next to the main mountain structure.

The Time-Shaft entrance/exit tunnels would have been to the right of the main launch track for Volcano. it is hard to tell if the spot where the actual ride sat is available or if the Volcano track supports stand there now. I think the actual ride sat beyond where the current vertical coaster supports are located.

^Correct^! Upon entering, the tunnels did go down a little bit for the first 50 feet or so to a valley. There were cutouts in the wall exposing the exit tunnel in this area and you could see the people walking by exiting the ride. There were also many puddles in this small valley due to Hunted River splashdown making its way over the wooden fence trickling down into the tunnel. Afterwards, the tunnel went up and up as MWHINVA said(and no more center wall cutouts). once close enough to the ride to begin hearing the music, there were 3 or 4 steps up to a wall on the left that you could see over if you were 5' or taller. You could only see the ride for about 10' of the line because it went down in a circle around the outside of the ride until coming to a doorway, then you were there :)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad