Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 24, 2009
Listen if they were just closing it now to do repairs and or maintenance I would be understanding……but it’s just been sitting there like that since they opened. From
what I can see they started their off season maintainance over a year ago and at some point just stopped and never finished it. If there is some part that they can not source or can not have someone machine then come out and tell
us that. Has anyone looked over there in the past few days? I’d the ride back together, is it even close or is it still sitting in the exact same shape as it was months and months ago…..if it is and it hasn’t been touched then indeed BGW is making up bullshit stories and just not telling it’s customers the truth that they don’t want to spend money on it.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Listen if they were just closing it now to do repairs and or maintenance I would be understanding……but it’s just been sitting there like that since they opened. From
what I can see they started their off season maintainance over a year ago and at some point just stopped and never finished it. If there is some part that they can not source or can not have someone machine then come out and tell
us that. Has anyone looked over there in the past few days? I’d the ride back together, is it even close or is it still sitting in the exact same shape as it was months and months ago…..if it is and it hasn’t been touched then indeed BGW is making up bullshit stories and just not telling it’s customers the truth that they don’t want to spend money on it.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, mine is that this ride is definitely not the hill to die on.

Also, my opinion is that the pandemic screwed supply lines up and made raw materials way more expensive. It's possible they've been waiting on a part, but it's also just as likely the reason they're still waiting is because the cost of any custom fabrication they need is higher than they're willing to pay for a ride I'm not sure many people are truly missing.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Nov 24, 2009
I don’t know exactly what broke or if anything is…..but the fact is they keep adding it to the list of attractions for events and then it not being there which to me is wrong. If it happened to one event because of some unforeseen circumstances I would understand but it’s been disassembled for a year now. Don’t put it on the lineup and the if you get it running guests get a bonus but to add it to make your lineup of rides look better when it’s not even close to working is wrong.

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
I wonder if they may be putting it in a ride lineup to put pressure on maintenance to get the ride running? Just an idea.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
I think it’s just bad behind the scenes communication issues. Web team not talking with maintenance, maintenance not talking with management, so on and so on. Look at how many times lately they have published things that shouldn’t be. Something is up there. Can anyone in the know shed some light on if they are outsourcing it or doing it in house?

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
It doesn't help that much if not all of their Marketing/PR decision-makers are based in Florida too...

If another flat in this area goes for broke, maybe they'd be interested in doing a full-blown revamp of DaVinci's garden - become the new thing for a future year where capex is low?

Nov 24, 2009
I personally think the park needs to invest heavily on small flats and by losing this one make it worse. I personally love riding the Flying Machine and really miss it. The other two I don’t care about but do think they are ok. I personally would love to see 5-6 small
flats added before something like Pantheon.

Coasternerd

Dec 7, 2021
I personally think the park needs to invest heavily on small flats and by losing this one make it worse. I personally love riding the Flying Machine and really miss it. The other two I don’t care about but do think they are ok. I personally would love to see 5-6 small
flats added before something like Pantheon.
I want them to returb all the rides in Festa/Italy because their ride cycles are much shorter than they used to be. (Da Vinci’s Cradle would be better if they put the og ride cycle back on it)

Reactions: EdK

Coasternerd

Dec 7, 2021
Has the flying machine slowed down over the years or is it just me? I also think BGW needs a new flat ride package somewhere in the park.
They really do. The last flat was FF (2019) and before that was Mach (2011?). Before that I’m not sure.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Didn't get a chance to snap a pic, but not only are the cars gone / on the ground, but the middle part of the attraction is open with work being done on the mechanical components.

Unless it's been like that with the guts exposed for any length of time, sounds like there's actual progress occurring.

Coasternerd

Dec 7, 2021
Unless it's been like that with the guts exposed for any length of time, sounds like there's actual progress occurring.
From what I could tell, the last way too many times I’ve visited, the only parts that weren’t there were the cars. Everything else was still intact.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad