Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Would be kinda cool if they found a way to embrace publicly displaying their maintenance operations. Though I guess the best thing we'd get is maybe some kind of kiddie interactive exhibit thing and a general explanation from a sign...

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Would be kinda cool if they found a way to embrace publicly displaying their maintenance operations. Though I guess the best thing we'd get is maybe some kind of kiddie interactive exhibit thing and a general explanation from a sign...
While we would all like that, to the GP, seeing FM with its cars being put on or taken off may make some people uncomfortable.

Reactions: halfabee and Unagi
Oct 7, 2011
I have to imagine people generally wouldn’t like routinely seeing amusement rides in states of partial disassembly. Too many opportunities to misidentify normal maintenance sights as evidence of trouble.

Five Nights at Freddy’s is basically a game sub-genre unto itself centered on the unsettling nature of seemingly approachable amusement infrastructure when it’s in a state of dishabille.

Best to keep the front of house clean during operating hours.

Reactions: ControlsEE

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
I haven't been to BGT during the off season, but I assume they follow the same procedures regarding ride closures there.

vacoasterfanatic

used to like pompeii alot, as my username implied
May 14, 2019
I got a picture from the train showing the ride in its current state. its quite blurry, but it shows enough

Attachments

• 20210613_134508.jpg
    20210613_134508.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
So basically no changes - ride cabins are not installed it looks like.

I'm wondering if it's simply a staffing issue they they're seemingly not in any hurry to finish maintenance.

Jul 5, 2017
Does anybody have any idea when this is reopening? Was bummed I had no issues with the test seat but couldn't ride Sunday and it's my favorite flat ride type period. I also haven't been on Finnegan's itself yet.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I dunno, but judging the previous posts about a fence and no visible progress on reinstalling the cabs back onto the arms since the other day ago, my guess is it'll be awhile.

Dec 10, 2014
As of this morning the website still lists Flying Machine has being closed. It’s been quite a while since the attraction was operating, are they waiting on parts or simply deferring maintenance costs until another time?

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
Well here’s an interesting one: Flying Machine is listed as an attraction for Winter Weekends… Will it finally open? Only time will tell.

Attachments

• 2D618176-D597-4078-9774-6AA7A998498F.jpeg
    2D618176-D597-4078-9774-6AA7A998498F.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary
Nov 24, 2009
No….that’s just more false advertising by the park. And if tou ask about it they will probably make us a BS story about how now that they are open year round some attractions will be closed for maintenance because there’s no off season to do it in now.

Reactions: Coasternerd

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
No….that’s just more false advertising by the park.

We don't have any evidence to say that BGW didn't try to have it ready to open during Christmas Town. While technically, yes, it was false advertising because they advertised something they didn't deliver, I think most enthusiasts are pretty understanding when it comes to maintenance issues facing a rare, imported flat ride during a pandemic. Plus, BGW ended up opening things that weren't advertised (Land of the Dragons for instance). As for the non-enthusiasts, they had no idea it was supposed to operate.

If this were some big pattern of BGW advertising rides that are actually closed, I'm sure I'd feel differently. This single instance just seems sorta inconsequential to me though.

And if tou ask about it they will probably make us a BS story about how now that they are open year round some attractions will be closed for maintenance because there’s no off season to do it in now.

It's not a BS story if it's true.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Year round parks regularly close down rides for maintenance through the year. Last 4 times I’ve been to UO (September, March, January, November) Dudley Do-Right has been down. And on those trips at various times Hogwarts has been down, Hulk has been down, Dr Doom, MiB, Mummy, HRRR.

To me the big difference between the was BGW and the way UO/WDW handle rides down for maintenance is that UO/WDW are busy enough that other rides “pick up” the slack AND they manage to always toss something new in with their maintenance. Whether that be paint touch ups, ride upgrades, or just reworking the queue. Makes you think they were closed to upgrade over just maintain.

I think BGWs biggest battle isn’t the when or when not to close rides in near year round operation. It’s how do you manage your maintenance so that it starts to look like the rides are down for something other than maintenance.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Login or Register to Hide This Ad