Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 3, 2010
Newport News, VA

Weekends, February 18 - March 19

Join us at the park for a taste of the best that Virginia and our region’s vineyards and breweries have to offer! Step into Victoria’s Pizza Garden where Kings Dominion Executive Chef Denis Callinan has created a special savory menu to complement your selections while enjoying live music from the park’s band in residence.

Wine Weekends - Feb. 18-19, 25-26

Wineries include Lake Anna Winery, Thibaut-Janisson, Early Mountain Vineyards, Shenandoah Vineyards, New Kent Winery, Stinson Vineyards, and James Rivers Cellars.

Beer Weekends - Mar. 4-5, 11-12, 18-19

*Beverages and Food available at an additional cost. Not included with park admission.

This actually sounds like it has the potential to be amazing. Looking forward to seeing the menu!

Reactions: Zachary
Starting March 4th the hours are 10 AM to 6 PM as well. At least that is what I see on the calendar. More time for beer. :) With the expanded hours and good beer and food, I think this'll be when I make my first visit of the year.

When we were at KD in early January, they had a live band and a bar set up in Victoria's. So, this makes a lot of sense to me.

If they are going to use it as more than a quick pizzeria, it really needs a redesign and new facade. The current design really screams cheap pizza place.

Everything with time, though of course if it changes I'm sure the backlash will be that they've ruined a traditional part of the park...

When Victoria's Gardens opened in 1976, it sold subs and sandwiches. No pizza was sold there. The current building is basically the same. The only major changes since, was that the original outdoor patio's were enclosed to the existing indoor seating in the early 80's. The decorative rooftop elements were removed during the Paramount years.

I asked them if more rides would be open starting March 11th since that is after what they consider to be "More Days, More Rides". Their response was, "At this time we do not have a list of rides that will open up in March. As we get into Spring we will be bring more rides into operation. Please continue to watch the website for any additional information on our rides and activities in the park. If I can assist you further please feel free to contact us back. We look forward to you visiting Kings Dominion."

Reactions: outhikn
If they are going to use it as more than a quick pizzeria, it really needs a redesign and new facade. The current design really screams cheap pizza place.

Absolutely agree. I’ve heard rumors that Chef Denis has his eye on Victoria’s to get the Grain & Grill/Outpost Café treatment in the next couple of years. Hopefully that would come with a nice redesign as well.

Flights & Bites is really nice! They have a couple charcuterie options, a dessert plate, three savory breads, and a sizable selection of local wines.

I'm worried the setup is super hidden though. There's an A-frame sign out front, but other than that, most people won't see anything about it until after they get their crappy Victoria's pizza and go to sit down.

There are a respectable number of people buying flights and food back in the Flights & Bites area, but I can't help but feel like they could be making a lot more money than they are with some better visibility.

Last edited:
Flights & Bites is really nice! They have a couple charcuterie options, a dessert plate, three savory breads, and a sizable selection of local wines.

I'm worried the setup is super hidden though. There's an A-frame sign out front, but other than that, most people won't see anything about it until after they get their crappy Victoria's pizza and go to sit down.

There are a respectable number of people buying flights and food back in the Flights & Bites area, but I can't help but feel like they could be making a lot more money than they are with some better visibility.
The location of this event just doesn’t work. I get trying to make Victoria’s a center piece eatery with its location, but the dated facade and entry just isn‘t the right tone for this kind of event. They need to Grain and Grill Victoria’s before trying to host special events there.

I really want them to remodel that building or even better tear it down and build a new restaurant. what would be really cool and unique is if they build a roof top restaurant. hear me out, two restaurants on the bottom and some seating and on the top is most of the seating and a lil bar(not to sure if the bar is a good idea tho) and outside of the building to the side is covered seating. As for the look think rustic over grown brick building, Nothing too modern tho. Just think of the views and pics you could get of I305, anaconda, and back lot.

Attachments

• 7969AF13-315D-4B73-8273-F6C8A9E69B5A.jpeg
    7969AF13-315D-4B73-8273-F6C8A9E69B5A.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 34
  • ABA67F2C-DAE0-4E0F-AA3B-256F45861E2E.jpeg
    ABA67F2C-DAE0-4E0F-AA3B-256F45861E2E.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 35
  • 4A778F60-04E4-4CF5-9213-DA5615181C89.jpeg
    4A778F60-04E4-4CF5-9213-DA5615181C89.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 8F11255D-513D-4C0F-99B4-213EEA86AE5B.jpeg
    8F11255D-513D-4C0F-99B4-213EEA86AE5B.jpeg
    655.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 30B339CE-0FA5-43F6-8361-0872E12009FC.jpeg
    30B339CE-0FA5-43F6-8361-0872E12009FC.jpeg
    443.2 KB · Views: 31
  • CE3617CD-587F-40F4-914E-972CAF33BEAF.jpeg
    CE3617CD-587F-40F4-914E-972CAF33BEAF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 9AF29429-943F-45D1-A75E-29BD6211E3FB.jpeg
    9AF29429-943F-45D1-A75E-29BD6211E3FB.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 36
Given the addition of some kind of separated alcohol ordering kiosks attached to many of the updated restaurants, plus the bar they already have on the other side of the park, why not put one here?

I like the idea, basically a mini food court on the bottom and a bar on top including an observation deck like seating area.

I missed last weekend's Wine Weekend kickoff. But going today - Sunday, as Saturday's event was cancelled - I was impressed.

For the $15 wine flight, you get quite a generous amount of wine... which is almost enough for two people.

However my favorite part of the event is how they removed the graphics blocking the view out of the rear of Victoria's, along with the new tables; each setup with a game. My kids enjoyed the games. But I really enjoyed just drinking and marveling at one of my all-time favorite coasters. --Hint: In the following photo, it's not the Arrow looper, nor the Premier Rides coaster 😉.

IMG_9859.jpg

I really do hope they leave that view open, after the events end, as covering those windows makes the space feel more constricted.

So the Wine Weekend was good, but now bring on the beer! 🙂

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad