Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Jul 5, 2017
I'm heading to Florida in late August the weekend before Labor Day. I plan to spend 8/29 (a partial day since its when my flight arrives) and 8/31 at SWO. I assume I will have minimal issues getting the most out of the park with a day and a half (though 8/31 it closes at 6pm rather annoyingly). It sounds like the rides don't necessarily get long lines? Would that be different on 8/29 since it's a Sunday? Any intel to know before going to SWO would be appreciated. I already expect Ice Breaker to still be closed unfortunately (and Iron Gwazi as I am also hitting BGT on this trip for the first time ever ugh seas shareholders and their wealth concerns).

I just went to the San Antonio SeaWorld on 6/30 which was my first SeaWorld park experience itself which I greatly enjoyed it! I am eager to see how the parks compare! Can't wait for Mako, Manta, and Kraken! (........and VelociCoaster and Hagrids on 8/30!!)

Mar 17, 2020
My advice:

SWO -
Hit Manta at open, as that gets the longest lines. If Mako is open at park open, do (1) Manta, (2) Mako, and (3) Kraken, otherwise hit Kraken and then Mako.

BGT -
Hit Cheetah at park open. They have only been running 1 station lately, and lines get long (60+ minutes) FAST. From there, do Cobra and Montu. Then head across the park\, passing Gwazi, to do Skeikra, Tigris, and then Kumba. Follow that up with Falcon's Fury, and then Sand Serpent and Scorpion as old school rides.

RocketChk

Silver Donor
Mar 26, 2011
Hey! We will be there the week before you. I went ahead and grabbed one Silver season pass (for the parking, photo key and discounts) and fun cards for everybody else with the sale that just started. We plan on stopping by Sunday night on the 22nd after Medieval Times and then a whole day on Friday the 27th. We're doing Universal that week, with a trip to Magic Kingdom for Boo Bash that Tuesday.

I'm super excited just to go to SeaWorld to see the animals. I've never been.

Jul 5, 2017
Ugh I look forward to when I don't feel like I need to post asking about this stuff. But is Mako as big guy friendly as Apollo's Chariot? I've heard it's not quite in the past and I can usually always get on AC but it likes to scare me sometimes with the sensor if I don't sit the right way. Meanwhile I can ride Twisted Timbers if I get my gut over the bar so prob stressing over nothing. Then I assume Kraken is similar to Dominator just hope the belts are a bit longer in the modifieds. Manta seems like it should not be a problem based on some pictures I have seen.

Definitely a tad nervous about the B&M OTSRs at BGT as well and on Hulk especially after Griffon walked me a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: Travis...

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
I find the newer B&M hypers (Mako) to be slightly less accommodating than the older ones (Apollo). Kraken and Kumba should be identical to Dominator. The flyers (Manta) are most forgiving B&M I've ever encountered.

Jul 5, 2017
Welp I've lost 12 pounds since my last ride on Apollo through active sustained 60 minute elliptical runs so hopefully that makes all the rides on this trip accessible particularly Mako and all the B&M OTSRs (still have strong doubts about Forbidden Journey and Rip Ride Rockit tho more Rockit than FJ). Confidence is pretty strong on VelociCoaster.

• Love
Reactions: belsaas
Jun 6, 2013
I personally love Journey to Atlantis and Infinity Falls. Not sure what lines are like for them now. Make sure you see the turtles and manatees, but I can't recommend Turtle Trek unless you just love standing around slightly nauseated.

I'll be down for SeaWorld parks and a couple Disney in a couple weeks. Curious if anyone can post crowd updates! It'd be helpful for planning. Thanks and have a great time!

Reactions: belsaas and Zachary
Nov 5, 2009
I personally love Journey to Atlantis and Infinity Falls. Not sure what lines are like for them now. Make sure you see the turtles and manatees, but I can't recommend Turtle Trek unless you just love standing around slightly nauseated.

I'll be down for SeaWorld parks and a couple Disney in a couple weeks. Curious if anyone can post crowd updates! It'd be helpful for planning. Thanks and have a great time!
If the line for IF isnt full its short. Moves decently fast though.

Reactions: Zachary
Jun 6, 2013
Last time I was there we always tried to do it as soon as it opened, unfortunately it rarely opened on time. Hopefully this has improved.

Apr 7, 2011
Welp I've lost 12 pounds since my last ride on Apollo through active sustained 60 minute elliptical runs so hopefully that makes all the rides on this trip accessible particularly Mako and all the B&M OTSRs (still have strong doubts about Forbidden Journey and Rip Ride Rockit tho more Rockit than FJ). Confidence is pretty strong on VelociCoaster.
I fit into Forbidden Journey just fine and fit into all of Busch's coasters. Only tight squeeze for me is Alpengeist. I fit into Mako no problem.

Reactions: CoasterAuditor
Jul 5, 2017
Alright to follow up. SeaWorld Orlando is pretty awesome as a park. The operations are abysmal honestly. I got to the park around 4:30pm Sunday and am going back today. Here’s what I encountered Sunday:

-SLOW dispatches on everything
-Kraken and Journey to Atlantis closed at 7pm good thing I got to Kraken at 6:15pm…
-Mako with one train Ops on a Sunday which really irritated me when I realized why the line was moving turtle slow where it was then Kraken and Manta had two train operations at least.
-By far the most frustrating Infinity Falls is closed for annual maintenance which you would have no idea looking at the rides page on the website that was the case but it just IS huge buzzkill to find out in park.

For the positives? Mako is the best B&M I’ve ridden (no fury yet). Manta is incredible, and I certainly am debating whether I like Kraken more than Superman Krypton Coaster or not which is good company for a floorless as I’ve always found the model somewhat boring for whatever reason. Also the park is definitely beautiful. I strongly prefer it to San Antonio from my visit earlier in the summer. The craft beer festival was nice to take advantage of and I’m excited for an open to close today tomorrow at 10-6. I just hope they don’t shut down any of the major attractions for the day at like 2 out of nowhere.

Jul 5, 2017
There was no indication anywhere. Definitely not a fan of that. About to head back now I might as well expect one train Ops across the board today. But definitely gonna take it slower with how exhausted I feel from Universal yesterday and a Disney gauntlet looming tomorrow. Also gonna hop on JTA first since I skipped it Sunday and who knows it could just be closed for no reason or something SeaWorld just does things.

Jul 5, 2017
Apologies for the double post mods. Figured I’d debrief my SWO day today. I held off heading to the park until 10:30 as I didn’t see a need to get there at rope drop and I was sleep deprived. Once I arrived I went to watch Dolphin Adventures which was a pleasant show I certainly liked it more than the dolphin and beluga show in San Antonio. Following that since I skipped JTA Sunday I figured I’d hit that for the credit. Wow I would love to take a look at the difference in cost for this ride vs JTA in Texas. This ride had some high quality theming unfortunately the Gorgon head element was not operational today. I got significantly more wet on this than I expected. It is a quality water ride for sure definitely not to be missed on a SWO visit.

After that I decided to go get a few Kraken laps in and rather similar to Sunday, for some reason Kraken closed at 4pm 2 hours before park close. Is this routine? Or is SeaWorld doing this because of how dead this week is or because staffing (my guess based on the company’s history it’s to save money on staffing). Despite my success in both test seats for Hulk Kraken I could only ride in the modified seats which limited my experience to rows 4 and 5, unlike Hulk which has modified seats in rows 4, 5, 1, and 8. It is wonderful as much crap as Universal gets for being against larger guests they offer that option on Hulk. Admittedly B&M OTSRs are becoming rather frustrating for me, as I can now ride attractions like Twisted Timbers, Forbidden Journey, AND Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit for crying out loud but the inconsistent seatbelt lengths on the B&M OTSRs screws me on some of those, but I am 6’3 309 with broad shoulders so I guess it’s what I deal with until my size is reduced further. But I really like Kraken I’m torn on if I like it more than Hulk or not I got 4 laps on Kraken total this trip. After that I proceeded to Manta.

Manta I accumulated 6 rides on that great B&M Flyer during this trip, it has been 10 years since I rode Superman at Six Flags Great Adventure. I really enjoyed Manta, the layout was difficult to really get used to like some other rides. The pretzel loop is just a blast. I love the queue and theming and rock work throughout the ride with all the water elements. It’s presented extremely well and is rather delightful to arrive to when arriving at SeaWorld Orlando. I have yet to ride Tatsu or any other B&M Flyers besides a Superman clone but I will always be happy to take a lap on Manta. After that I went to Mako to get a couple laps before the only sea lion show of the day.

Mako. Yeah Mako. 14 laps total over the 2 days, absolutely fantastic Coaster. I would almost describe it as the “perfected B&M Hyper” the hills are designed to produce significantly more airtime than any of the other three hypers I’ve encountered (Apollo, Nitro, Intimidator). I felt like I was out of the seat for several sustained seconds on some of the hills especially the large camelback coming off the turn from the drop. The drop is amazing it admittedly caught me off guard how steep it was on my first ride. I really enjoyed the speed hill and people can call the ending boring I think it’s perfectly fine to wrap up this extremely re-rideable coaster. The one complaint I have the trim, wow that thing grabs the hell out of the train. Otherwise my favorite B&M I’ve ridden by far until whenever I drive to Charlotte in the next year I imagine, but Mako has certainly solidified itself as one of my absolute favorite rides.

The sea lion & otter spotlight show um I mean it was fine? I felt like compared to the sea lion show in SA I saw which was the special “Sea Lions Tonight” show or whatever it was kinda boring. Definitely a lot more stupid humans just pretending to be dumb than I remembered from that show in SA which admittedly had parodies roasting everything in the park that everyone did throughout the day which is an excellent bit of self-aware humor for sure.

I also watched the Orca Encounter as I would have felt like I missed out if I didn’t. It was largely identical to the San Antonio show just with 3 orcas instead of 2. The script was the same. Definitely a cool show just to see Orcas in action.

Overall I really enjoyed the park despite the frustrations over Infinity Falls, Ice Breaker, one train Ops, which I didn’t find pervasive today as I got several laps on the coasters anyway. It’s really honestly not fair to compare this park to the San Antonio location but I went 2 months ago so it’s difficult to avoid. It’s obvious the park has a SIGNIFICANTLY higher budget which I knew already, but after going I would love to see the numbers. I’m definitely glad I went to the San Antonio location first. The landscaping isn’t even comparable, the sharks underwater bar had literal mini aquariums in the bar itself and the number of noticeably nice bars on the water was hard to ignore. There’s a lot more animal exhibits and obviously the coasters are largely superior with the only one I find comparable to the big 3 in overall quality was Texas Stingray. But yeah honestly I feel like I went to SeaWorld in Texas but I REALLY went to SeaWorld in Florida. I’ll have to write up a debrief on my Universal day as well which I already expressed my opinion of VelociCoaster in another thread.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2009
Apologies for the double post mods. Figured I’d debrief my SWO day today. I held off heading to the park until 10:30 as I didn’t see a need to get there at rope drop and I was sleep deprived. Once I arrived I went to watch Dolphin Adventures which was a pleasant show I certainly liked it more than the dolphin and beluga show in San Antonio. Following that since I skipped JTA Sunday I figured I’d hit that for the credit. Wow I would love to take a look at the difference in cost for this ride vs JTA in Texas. This ride had some high quality theming unfortunately the Gorgon head element was not operational today. I got significantly more wet on this than I expected. It is a quality water ride for sure definitely not to be missed on a SWO visit.

After that I decided to go get a few Kraken laps in and rather similar to Sunday, for some reason Kraken closed at 4pm 2 hours before park close. Is this routine? Or is SeaWorld doing this because of how dead this week is or because staffing (my guess based on the company’s history it’s to save money on staffing). Despite my success in both test seats for Hulk Kraken I could only ride in the modified seats which limited my experience to rows 4 and 5, unlike Hulk which has modified seats in rows 4, 5, 1, and 8. It is wonderful as much crap as Universal gets for being against larger guests they offer that option on Hulk. Admittedly B&M OTSRs are becoming rather frustrating for me, as I can now ride attractions like Twisted Timbers, Forbidden Journey, AND Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit for crying out loud but the inconsistent seatbelt lengths on the B&M OTSRs screws me on some of those, but I am 6’3 309 with broad shoulders so I guess it’s what I deal with until my size is reduced further. But I really like Kraken I’m torn on if I like it more than Hulk or not I got 4 laps on Kraken total this trip. After that I proceeded to Manta.

Manta I accumulated 6 rides on that great B&M Flyer during this trip, it has been 10 years since I rode Superman at Six Flags Great Adventure. I really enjoyed Manta, the layout was difficult to really get used to like some other rides. The pretzel loop is just a blast. I love the queue and theming and rock work throughout the ride with all the water elements. It’s presented extremely well and is rather delightful to arrive to when arriving at SeaWorld Orlando. I have yet to ride Tatsu or any other B&M Flyers besides a Superman clone but I will always be happy to take a lap on Manta. After that I went to Mako to get a couple laps before the only sea lion show of the day.

Mako. Yeah Mako. 14 laps total over the 2 days, absolutely fantastic Coaster. I would almost describe it as the “perfected B&M Hyper” the hills are designed to produce significantly more airtime than any of the other three hypers I’ve encountered (Apollo, Nitro, Intimidator). I felt like I was out of the seat for several sustained seconds on some of the hills especially the large camelback coming off the turn from the drop. The drop is amazing it admittedly caught me off guard how steep it was on my first ride. I really enjoyed the speed hill and people can call the ending boring I think it’s perfectly fine to wrap up this extremely re-rideable coaster. The one complaint I have the trim, wow that thing grabs the hell out of the train. Otherwise my favorite B&M I’ve ridden by far until whenever I drive to Charlotte in the next year I imagine, but Mako has certainly solidified itself as one of my absolute favorite rides.

The sea lion & otter spotlight show um I mean it was fine? I felt like compared to the sea lion show in SA I saw which was the special “Sea Lions Tonight” show or whatever it was kinda boring. Definitely a lot more stupid humans just pretending to be dumb than I remembered from that show in SA which admittedly had parodies roasting everything in the park that everyone did throughout the day which is an excellent bit of self-aware humor for sure.

I also watched the Orca Encounter as I would have felt like I missed out if I didn’t. It was largely identical to the San Antonio show just with 3 orcas instead of 2. The script was the same. Definitely a cool show just to see Orcas in action.

Overall I really enjoyed the park despite the frustrations over Infinity Falls, Ice Breaker, one train Ops, which I didn’t find pervasive today as I got several laps on the coasters anyway. It’s really honestly not fair to compare this park to the San Antonio location but I went 2 months ago so it’s difficult to avoid. It’s obvious the park has a SIGNIFICANTLY higher budget which I knew already, but after going I would love to see the numbers. I’m definitely glad I went to the San Antonio location first. The landscaping isn’t even comparable, the sharks underwater bar had literal mini aquariums in the bar itself and the number of noticeably nice bars on the water was hard to ignore. There’s a lot more animal exhibits and obviously the coasters are largely superior with the only one I find comparable to the big 3 in overall quality was Texas Stingray. But yeah honestly I feel like I went to SeaWorld in Texas but I REALLY went to SeaWorld in Florida. I’ll have to write up a debrief on my Universal day as well which I already expressed my opinion of VelociCoaster in another thread.
Fyi on JTA. The Medusa thing has been turned off as part of a retheme that went as far as changing to music to match kraken vr before all of that got forgotten. It might not work anymore, but that thing is off by choice last i knew.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad