Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
ScreamScape has an interesting theory regarding Apocalypse:

ScreamScape.com said:
(8/11/18) Something interesting is going on at SFA that seems to follow up that teaser from last week. First up, a new sign has been added to the black fence around Apocalypse that says "TERMINUS -81618-". Now before all The Walking Dead fans get too excited... I really don't think this is a tie into the show at all, despite the use of the word Terminus. The numbers match up to the same August 16th, 2018 date we saw circled on the calendar. The font style and use of larger letters for the first and last letter in Terminus was also used for some versions of the Apocalypse coaster logo. Let us also look at the primary definition of the word Terminus, outside of the railroad industry. "A final point in space or time; an end or extremity." So is this THE END of Apocalypse?
Secondly another set of clues to back this up are also being set up across the pathway from Apocalypse. Day by day an retired ride graveyard is being set up... which is normally the kind of thing you often see at theme parks as they prepare for their Halloween events, but in this case I'm told that a new tombstone seems to be getting set every day, and all of them are facing Apocalypse. As of Friday, I'm told there were at least three on site: Iron Eagle, Python and Krypton Comet. If a related rumor is true, we could see a new grave marker added each day between now and August 16th... and there is always the possibility that Apocalypse may join them the next day.
But add in the Firebird emblem from the calendar shot last week... a Firebird, also known as a Phoenix, rises from it's own ashes after it dies, reborn again. Given that this is a B&M Stand-Up Coaster... as well as having the honor of being the very first B&M coaster ever built (when it was Iron Wolf at the Chicago area park), the trend lately has been to transform B&M's old stand-up coasters into new Floorless coasters by adding new trains and modifying the station. With all this in mind... perhaps this is indeed Apocalypse's "last stand".

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Mushroom
I really hope that's what they are doing. It would give some hope for Green Lantern at Great Adventure and Riddler at Magic Mountian.

Plus, it would be a crying shame for the original B&M to be retired.

Reactions: SLC Headache
Confirmed by the park on fb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180816-064932_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20180816-064932_Facebook.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
This is disappointing. Hopefully they pulled the same thing that Cedar Point did with mantis attempting to trick everyone into thinking it was actually being removed, but then really converted.

Reactions: SLC Headache
Thank goodness they are giving people time to get last rides. That seems like a dying concept in the industry these days.
Isn't Six Flags pretty good about this? Last year, they announced Georgia Cyclone's last rides (which got me out to the park). The only relatively recent closings without last ride notices I can think of are Hurler (KD) and Stinger (Dorney), both Cedar Fair parks.

Isn't Six Flags pretty good about this? Last year, they announced Georgia Cyclone's last rides (which got me out to the park). The only relatively recent closings without last ride notices I can think of are Hurler (KD) and Stinger (Dorney), both Cedar Fair parks.

You're forgetting the most important of them all.

DarKastle.

I think SixFlags has generally been good about this. I have to imagine that in all three cases, Hurler, Stinger, and DarKastle that the decisions to not reopen the rides actually came after the parks closed for the season perhaps while reviewing budgets and plans for the upcoming year, but that's purely a guess on my part.

I think SixFlags has generally been good about this. I have to imagine that in all three cases, Hurler, Stinger, and DarKastle that the decisions to not reopen the rides actually came after the parks closed for the season perhaps while reviewing budgets and plans for the upcoming year, but that's purely a guess on my part.

I have also heard about how a lot of it has to do with people protesting the end of the ride and making petitions and such, and the parks don't want to deal with people in outrage at the park, it is just easier to let it die during the offseason

Reactions: warfelg
I didn't get a chance to watch the FB live in it's entirety, when I tuned in it was just a stream of the gravestone confirming Apocalypse's closure. Did they mention why or what could be replacing it?

I didn't get a chance to watch the FB live in it's entirety, when I tuned in it was just a stream of the gravestone confirming Apocalypse's closure. Did they mention why or what could be replacing it?
I am actually at the park now it was a trip planned weeks ago before any mention of a possible closer and my first of the year. I actually really enjoy the ride so I am glad that I was able to get up and say goodbye before it closes. There is no mention in theed park of a replacement but plenty of signs listing the September 8th close date.

Incredible. UNBELIEVABLE. The same ride, but sitting. Absolutely Earth shattering. So Earth shattering we have to sit down instead of stand ;)

I forgot the place even existed until this thread was started.

What is truly unbelievable is that Six Flags even remembers they have a location in MD.

Hey, don't knock that little park... It doesn't get much attention from Corporate, but it actually is a nice little park and the GM there actually does care a lot about the park. It's also the cheapest place to buy a SixFlags pass if you plan on doing any kind of traveling around the country.

Yeah when I take a hard look at Six Flags America as a park I conclude it IS a solid park. Some parks would kill to have half the rides they do. I mean you got an Intamin Hyper, Vekoma Flyer, Premier Spaghetti Bowl, Old Classic Wooden Coaster that is GOOD, a GCI, a spinner, and two pieces of trash soon to become one. Not to mention an objectively "above average" collection of flats and a fun water park. Their only problem is they're on the wrong side of the Beltway from the wealth.

Reactions: jornor and belsaas
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad