Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 24, 2013
I saw all of these weird directional signs posted around Williamsburg today so when I did some further research and found out that they are actually filming scenes for the AMC show "Turn" today at Colonial Williamsburg and William and Mary. I've only seen bits and pieces of the show but I'm still pretty excited that they are using the local area.

They filmed portions of Season 1 in Richmond and at least one of the Rt 5 plantations, it is about time they made it to Williamsburg.

I was actually in TURN for 5 episodes

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 4.32.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 4.32.27 PM.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 12.11.54 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 12.11.54 AM.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 8.52.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 8.52.19 PM.png
    474.4 KB · Views: 47
James said:
I was actually in TURN for 5 episodes

Just saw this today, they are looking for more extras for filming next month.

http://arvoldcasting.com/casting-calls/amc-turn-extras/

Reactions: Nicole
SEEKING EXTRAS FOR CURRENT EPISODE:

Men - Variety of types and ages. Waist size 36 or less.

Military Men – Caucasian males of military age with marching/drilling skills in good physical shape, waist size of 36 or less.
http://arvoldcasting.com/casting-calls/amc-turn-extras/

You also need to be thin as well. Someone like myself is too rotund to be a revolutionary era actor. :)

Reactions: Zachary
Here some filming info that went out early today to employees and volunteers.

The AMC American Revolution drama, “Turn: Washington’s Spies,” is filming in the Revolutionary City on Monday, Jan. 26. The series is adapted from the nonfiction book, “Washington’s Spies,” by Alexander Rose.The story is centered on a band of young soldiers and civilians who were part of the secret spy ring during the Revolutionary War. Throughout the day and evening, guests will have the opportunity to watch the filming of this popular television series. Preparations for the shoot will begin early tomorrow morning.

Governor’s Palace and Palace Green:
· Visitors should expect production activity in the vicinity of the Governor’s Palace and Palace Green with limited, intermittent impact on pedestrian access.
· The Governor’s Palace will be open for tours from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
· The crew will begin laying mulch about 3 a.m. The remainder of the crew will arrive around 6 a.m.
· Filming is scheduled until 5:30 p.m. and the production will be out of the Historic Area by 8 p.m.
· This segment will include a pickup truck moving a carriage on a flatbed to film a conversation between actors. No Colonial Williamsburg horses or carriages will be used in this segment.
· Trucks from the production company will be parking in the Palace parking lot and Scotland, Nassau and Prince George Streets.
· A tent will be located behind St. George Tucker House for extras. The tent will be set up on Jan. 23 and taken down on Feb. 3.
· Extra parking for extras, cast and crew will be at the Red Lot by Great Hopes Plantation.
· The Historic Area remains open to the public and guests are welcome to observe filming.
· In the event of bad weather, filming will be rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 2.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad