Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I liked @lce's thought of BGW concentrating on revamping and retooling what's in the park. Certainly (IMHO) there's a lot of areas that need to be addressed. So, let's start with the area that will be most impacted next year - Festa Italia.

First, let's change the name. Festa Roma. You have one (and maybe 2) coasters named after Roman Gods. You have those Rapids, too. Obviously BGW isn't big on accurate history lessons and I'd venture to guess the only thing most visitors know about Marco Polo is that it's pool game. So let's dump that whole concocted stuff and give the flats and games some Roman names (Wack-a-Gaul?)

Now, let's kid-friendly the area with a costumed character or two like back in The Old Country days. Julius Ceaear or even a comic Roman solder strolling about. A huge comic strip called Asterix (yep, same as the Parc) has a plethora of fun Romans to licen$e. Pick 1 or 2 of those guys and have a ball! Who wouldn't want to take home a stuffed Brutus? Or wear a pair of Busch licensed Roman sandals (please, no socks).

We're not talking a huge chunk of change. Places named Festa are good to go. Just "Roman" the rest and make it a Circus Maximus....(hmm, now there's a name....)

Last edited:

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
I actually really like a lot of those ideas and it would be really easily done. My only problem is Tempesto. It's theme still doesn't really fit. But then again it doesn't fit now anyways.

Reactions: Applesauce

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
Okay I've tried writing this up several times now, and it's not working.

I thought about like a duel event weekend (not actually a weekend.) Where you got like this circus celebration of ancient Rome, but they also got something more modern for Tempesto.

Tempesto just kinda throws everything I can come with off even more. :/

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Tempesto just kinda throws everything I can come with off even more. :/
So, maybe (forsaking it's modern appearance) we call it (officially) Tempesto del Balatro. A Balatro was an ancient Roman jester. So it's just a crazy stunt cooked up by Ceasar's jester to amuse the populous.

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
A jester would make far more sense than a Daredevil. The loops could be a representation of juggling. It'd be a lot easier to fit in with everything else.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
When the name Tempesto leaked thought they were just trying to do an Italian play on the word tempest and the theme would the ride being a fierce storm that wreaks havoc.

So I would change the theming to this and I think we are good.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad