Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Pretzel Kaiser

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2011
I was just there (despiting having to leave early due to losing my $300 phone on Volcano) and figured this would be a good discussion topic. What's your favorite coaster at King's Dominion?

Mine is Flight of Fear, I love the feeling of not knowing which way is up. After that is Grizzly.

Least favs: Volcano and Andaconda for the slow inversions.

RE: Favorite KD coaster.

How can you not like volcano?

i305 is the most amazing coaster I have ridden since I left California...

I'm not a fan of slow inversions and Volcano's are really slow. I also have a personal vendetta with that coaster now.

Intimidator 305 and Dominator are my favorites.

I also like Volcano but those barrel rolls get monotonous after the 2nd one.

Worst coaster there is Anaconda.

I know this thread is for coasters, but...

My Top KD Rides w/ Commentary
Flight of Fear: I love lapbar only Premier launch coasters.
Boo Blasters on Boo Hill: Yay for Sally dark rides! I'm seriously addicted to this ride.
The Crypt: Huss Top Spins FTW!
Berserker: Why do I like this ride?
Dominator: My least favorite B&M
Volcano: Beginning is fine, but after that, it just gets boring
i305: Disappointingly boring

Swift, we have a serious issue when it comes to I305. I hope it doesn't destroy what we have going on here...

I305 is my favorite ride ANYWHERE second only to El Toro.

Reactions: Ludwig II

CarterGee said:
Swift, we have a serious issue when it comes to I305. I hope it doesn't destroy what we have going on here...

This stuff doesn't even surprise me anymore.

By the way, go to Holiday World and ride the Voyage.

I want to try Boo Blaster, but I don't have any kids to go with and it will be too creepy for a 27 year old to ride by himself.

I actually hate The Crypt, I won't ride it again for fear of not being able to produce children, same thing with Shockwave.

So? It's not like you're going to see any of those people again. My high score is more than 20,000 (the counter reset twice) but that's just because the ride broke down while we were on it. My legit high score is about 2,500.

I have that problem with Shockwave, but not The Crypt.

I'm just gonna throw out how I rank all the coasters I've done at KD:
1. Flight of Fear (It's just a ton of fun from the launch to not knowing where the heck you are.)
2. I305 (Even though I do think it's kinda overrated, I like this one mainly for the speed it provides. Which is the point of the ride, right?)
3. Rebel Yell (This one I see as underrated. It's a really fun old woodie. The KD ops are just too dumb to run both sides at once.)
4. Dominator (It's a pretty solid B&M floorless coaster, but at the same time it's kinda standard.)
5. Grizzly (Despite the roughness, there is still some elements to this ride that makes it fun.)
6. Volcano (Great first 1/3 of the ride, but when you get into the heartline rolls, those fall short of doing much of anything.)
7. Avalanche (How many bobsled coasters are there left in the world? Not many, that's why I kinda like this coaster, but not by much.)
8. Backlot Stunt Coaster (It doesn't offer much. Very meh ride.)
9. Ricochet (Same as Backlot)
10. Anaconda (This is pretty much how not to build an Arrow. The rough and pointless turnaround near the MCBR is total crap along the with the corkscrews.)
11. Hurler (I skipped this ride the last time I went to KD. It's way too rough and has almost nothing to offer.)
12.Shockwave (Kill it)

What if I don't enjoy anything there at all?

If I HAD to go with one though it would be rebel yell.

Swiftman said:
So? It's not like you're going to see any of those people again. My high score is more than 20,000 (the counter reset twice) but that's just because the ride broke down while we were on it. My legit high score is about 2,500.

I have that problem with Shockwave, but not The Crypt.

If they'll let adults go by themselves, then I might try it. I haven't ridden the The Crypt, maybe I'll try it just to see if I still hate it.

I haven't been to the park in almost ten years so I don't have a very good memory of the rides that I ridden. I remember Grizzly and Hurler vividly (and I remember really enjoying both of them); I also remember Avalanche pretty well and all the others that were around at that time are very vague...

Grizzly and Hurler have both been neglected terribly. They have good layouts, but those things need help.

Grizzly actually just opened up for the season recently. I'm not sure if there were any improvements or not.

They retracked it, but it has been retracked many times and it just won't smoth out. I ride Grizzly maybe 2 times a year, it is very rough. As for Hurler, it would be great if it was smoth, and I dont see KD making any efforts to smoth it out unfortunatly.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad