What is your favorite country in the park?

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 17, 2010
Not sure where this should go, but this seems like the place.

We've had lots of threads on the site about favorite coasters, non-coasters, defunct rides, and restaurants in the park. So, this thread is to ask: What is your favorite country in the park? This can be determined by your favorite rides in the country, theming, eating, etc.

For starters, my favorite is Italy, including Festa. The San Marco theming is fantastic, the Italian food is delicious, and Pompeii is the best water ride in the park. It also includes Apollo's, my favorite coaster in the park. Italy also contains the best flat ride assortment in the park. Germany would have to be a close second for me.

(So yes, one country satisfies the thread, not just one hamlet in each.)

Discuss.

[Moved to Everything Else. Redirect will remain on original forum for 1 day. ~Swiftman]

I'm going with Germany. Why? Because I love all of the shade and because the themeing is fantastic. Second would be France.

Germany would have to be my favorite because the it's one of the largest countries, and the theming is good throughout the country. Italy is second, because Festa Italia looks like an ordinary amusement park, not a theme park. Ireland and Italy used to be tied in second place, but now the ruined Ireland with Dining with Elmo and Europe in the Air. Don't get me wrong I love Europe in the Air, but it was low budget, the theming has been exactly the same since Questor, the film was literally made in a week, and sometimes the ride doesn't move the way the film does. All I wish they would do is remove Elmo.

Germany is fantastic. If Busch does what they are capable of with the new tower ride (and hopefully a new coaster soon after :rolleyes: ) I could see Germany easily becoming my favorite land. It has great flats, Alpengeist, and the Festhaus. Unfortunately, I have to agree about Festa's theming, but I still love Italy.\

All I wish they would do is remove Elmo

When on the Coasters at Night tour, I asked the guides why Elmo had invaded Castle O'Sullivan instead of remaining in FoF. Basically, the response was that it was the only room they had for it. Unless they build a new building in FoF, I am sad to say that he won't be leaving anytime soon. :(

Edit > Full Edit > Scroll Down to "Poll" > Follow Directions ;) (Note: Edit must be made to the first post.)

Edit > Full Edit > Scroll Down to "Poll" > Follow Directions Wink (Note: Edit must be made to the first post.)

Thanks, Swiftman. :)

So now that the poll is up, vote away!

I voted for Italy. Apollo's Chariot, DaVinci's Garden, Cucina pizza, a Musik Express, al fresco dining with a show...If the whole park was just called Busch Gardens Italy and that was all they had, I'd still drive an hour to spend the day there.

I'm with you on that, Robbie. I love the Italy section. In all honesty, Italy and Germany are a lot alike given rides, games, and shows. I want to like Germany more than I do, but for some reason I just can't.

I like the feel of Ireland. Sitting at a table with a Guiness looking at Grogans Pub gives me the feeling of being in a small Irish town. Plus I really enjoy the background music.

Celticdog said:
I like the feel of Ireland. Sitting at a table with a Guiness looking at Grogans Pub gives me the feeling of being in a small Irish town. Plus I really enjoy the background music.

Yeah, I voted for Ireland, pretty much for why Celticdog said. It doesn't have as much "stuff" as most of the other countries but when I though about what "country" I actually liked best, Ireland just has the best feel to it IMO.

My wife and I have actually paid a babysitter before and gone to BGW for a "date night" and done nothing but hang out in Grogan's Pub for a few hours (the decor, the music, the atmosphere, and of course the beer). I don't think we could really do that anywhere else in the park.

Italy may be a close second. We actually loved hanging out in the theater last year during HOS and watching the old silent films in the cool autumn air, eating some chicken parm and drinking some wine or cappuccino. Pretty nice.

So currently Germany and Italy are engaged in a heated battle, the score currently being tied. Let's get some more votes. And what's up with France lovers not representing?

My favorite would have been Ireland, but the additions of Europe in the Air and Dine with Elmo just ruined the area:dodgy:

So other than the "old" Ireland, my favorite is Italy (Excluding Festa Italia). To me Festa Italia is just a larger, adult oriented Sesame Street Forest of Fun. The only good things in Festa are Apollo's Chariot and Roman Rapids on a hot day with no line.

Italy has the 2nd best food, best flats, best water ride (Escape from Pompeii), and best shopping. That is obviously why Italy has to be the best country.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad