Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
Last edited:

Jahrules

Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
I've been trying to find out who the manufacturer is on this one.. it's a swing ride very similar to the lasso of truth that just opened at six flags in Maryland.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
It is very likely a rip-off manufacturer along with an amusement park that does not have maintenance standards to follow. The big one I notice is how weak the spine of the swing arm is along with the small counterweights.

Lasso of Truth at SFA is also a Funtime Star Flyer, the closest example to the ride in the video is a Zamperla Midi-Discovery 360 or an SBF Visa Maxi-Dance Party 360.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
To me it looks like a Zamperla Discovery Revolution.

Edit: like b.mac said though it is most likely not a name brand manufacturer but someone copying what they do.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
to be fair, when I think safety, oversight, and quality construction the first place I think of is not Uzbekistan...

Reactions: BGWnut

Jahrules

Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
I did find a second news source with additional info:

In this article, we learn that the ride was opened just this year (March) and in May there was a critical report about safety at the park.

As pointed out by other users, this is highly unlikely to be a major manufacturer; but that does not reduce how tragic it is. Especially given that they apparently had some warning about safety in the park prior to this. (Note: the safety report does not appear to be specific to this ride; just the park)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad