Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Gavin

root@parkfans.net:/# rm -r *▌
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
gavinmcnabb.com
Dunno if this is a mistake or not yet, but KD has drastically cut the number of coasters from Fast Lane according to their site. To me, this maybe a hint that they are expecting more staffing issues this season as well.

9087FB27-BFD0-4671-B41F-54F20006E483.png

Reactions: Coasternerd
From a capacity standpoint it makes sense because there is only 8 seats per train which is already split in half with 2 queues. The park's policy is that 25% of the rides capacity consists of Fast Lane (slower days, this doesn't really count), so if a group of 4 comes up- then they would most likely be frustrated they cannot ride together because they paid $XX for Fastlane and I'm sure would cause more issues. Also, only one side of the station would have the Fast Lane line, so anyone boarding on that side via the normal queue would be awfully upset that their line is moving much slower than the other side.

Hopefully that makes sense that logistically it makes sense that it is not on Fast Lane.

Also, Avalanche is the only one missing no? Otherwise, they all seem to be there to me.

Last edited:
Dunno if this is a mistake or not yet, but KD has drastically cut the number of coasters from Fast Lane according to their site. To me, this maybe a hint that they are expecting more staffing issues this season as well.

View attachment 25723

Here's a screenshot of KD's Fast Lane page from 2019. Like @I305Evan said, the only ride missing in the 2022 listing is Avalanche/Reptilian. Not really "drastically cut" in my opinion.

1643131540652.png

With two trains running Avalanche/Reptilian can handle some capacity. The question is what sort of capacity it needs given the replacement of the Crypt with Tumbili and the removal of Volcano without a replacement?

Would a Fast Lane pass even make sense for the ride anyways?

With two trains running Avalanche/Reptilian can handle some capacity. The question is what sort of capacity it needs given the replacement of the Crypt with Tumbili and the removal of Volcano without a replacement?

Would a Fast Lane pass even make sense for the ride anyways?

For Tumbili, no. The nature of the ride makes it next to impossible to properly do a fast pass program for that style of ride unless you're devoting a staff member to handling it at all times. Considering it's opening without FL or FLP access, I can guarantee you Kings Dominion is looking to run Monkey Spin with as few staff as possible. It's probably a similar thing staffing wise with Avalanche, where on most days they didn't even run a Fast Lane position and were lucky to even have someone on the load side of the station.

For Tumbili, no. The nature of the ride makes it next to impossible to properly do a fast pass program for that style of ride unless you're devoting a staff member to handling it at all times. Considering it's opening without FL or FLP access, I can guarantee you Kings Dominion is looking to run Monkey Spin with as few staff as possible. It's probably a similar thing staffing wise with Avalanche, where on most days they didn't even run a Fast Lane position and were lucky to even have someone on the load side of the station.
I was meaning Avalanche/Reptilian

As @b.mac mentioned above, I noticed that Fast Lane signs have officially been added to White Water Canyon - where Fast Lane entry is up through the exit path:

IMG_9569.jpeg

Adding Fast Lane for this one makes a lot of sense, as during the hottest days of the summer, the line becomes horrendously long; usually stretching all the way past the entrance sign pictured above. So though it could potentially require an additional staff member to operate, I would expect the park to sell many additional regular (non-plus) Fast Lane passes because of this.

And from a thread posterity perspective, of which rides offered Fast Lane access in 2022 - where of note, Reptilian/Avalanche has of course been added back:

Fast Lane 2022.jpg

Could they have stopped selling it temporarily while they’re in the slow season? Most of their FastLane Plus attractions aren’t currently open. During Winterfest at KI, all their FastLane lines were turned into Single Rider lines.

Worth noting that they’ve just consolidated all of the former Fast Lane Plus-exclusive rides (TT, I305, Dominator) into the regular Fast Lane bundle. So really, the new Fast Lane is the former Fast Lane Plus. I bet this was simply a marketing decision; instead of giving guests the option of buying the cheaper Fast Lane, they now force guests to buy the more expensive premium option.

Reactions: Nicole
This is not really correct. If you look at the full season fast pass options, they have both Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus still. So I'm sure the daily Fast Lane change is just for this winter section of the season.

So I'm sure the daily Fast Lane change is just for this winter section of the season.
Pretty sure that’s incorrect. Almost all of the rides listed as included with Fast Lane are closed during their winter operation.

Pretty sure that’s incorrect. Almost all of the rides listed as included with Fast Lane are closed during their winter operation.

Hmm, well we will see, but they are selling fast lane and fast lane plus for season fast lane add-ons

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad