Fast & Furious Ride coming to Universal Orlando in 2017

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Universal Orlando Blog said:
You’ve seen the cars. You’ve seen the action. And soon, you’ll be able to live it.

I’m so excited to share that one of the most successful film franchises of all-time will soon become one of Universal Orlando Resort‘s most action-packed ride experiences.

Buckle your seatbelts, because in 2017, Fast & Furious: Supercharged is coming to Universal Studios Florida. You’ll feel like part of the “Fast family” as you embark on a thrilling new Fast & Furious adventure that will put you right in the middle of the action.
Fast and Furious rendering

This ride is going to fuse everything you love about the films with an original storyline and incredible ride technology. You’ll get to check out some of the high-speed, supercharged cars you’ve seen on the big screen. You’ll be immersed in the underground racing world made famous in the films and explore the headquarters of Toretto and his team. Then, you’ll board specially-designed vehicles for an adrenaline-pumping ride with your favorite stars from the films.

To make way for Fast & Furious: Supercharged, Disaster: A Major Motion Picture Starring You! will be closed permanently starting September 8, 2015, with Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue closing later this year.

There’s SO much to share about this thrilling new ride—I can’t wait to share more details in the future. Make sure you stay tuned to the blog for updates.

Source

Reactions: Connor and Peej1212
Apr 30, 2015
I havent seen the beetlejuice show but from movie prefrences alone... I think id rather see that then ANYTHING about The fast and the furious.

Reactions: Zachary

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I'm happy to see Disaster: A Major Motion Picture Starring You! going.  I am a bit worried about the original storyline, however.  That didn't work very well (in my opinion) for the Gringotts ride.

Reactions: Peej1212

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I visited this past week and saw Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue for the first time. I thought it was fantastic. The singing was excellent and the show moved along at a brisk pace. It was also really funny, with a few tongue-in-cheek pop culture jokes, and some ever-so-slightly risque humor (still way less than Fiends). Best of all, the actor playing Betelgeuse was phenomenal. His portrayal of the "ghost with the most" was every bit as zany as in the film... in fact, it would be hard to tell him from the original Michael Keaton character. So yeah, I'm sad to see it go.

Disaster, on the other hand... good riddance! This removal is a decade overdue.

I'm hoping for the best with this new ride, but I'm holding my breath. I'm starting to worry that Universal is going the route of the same screen/simulator approach for everything. While it's worked on a number of attractions, such as Spider-Man and Transformers, I don't want Universal to use the technology as a crutch. Escape from Gringotts, which relies completely on screens and virtually no physical sets, demonstrates the limitations of this technology.

I'm not saying this new ride will be another SpiderMan-type ride, I'm just hoping it isn't. Universal has proven that they can do great things beyond just videos on a screen.

Reactions: Peej1212 and Nicole

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I honestly can't tell whether it worked for Transformers, as I have no idea what actually happened on that ride. Every time I go on it, I emerge dazed and confused, with little to no understanding of what I have just experienced. It is just a barrage of robots and things blowing up for no clearly explained reason.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
I worry this this will be just like Transformers except substitute flying bits of metal with cars whizzing by.

Between this and IOA's new Kong attraction, I'm very disappointed.

Reactions: Mushroom
Apr 9, 2013
Peej1212 said:
I havent seen the beetlejuice show but from movie prefrences alone... I think id rather see that then ANYTHING about The fast and the furious.
You might think re-think this statement after a viewing or two of the Beetlejuice show. It's terrible. 15 minutes of my life I can never have back.

Reactions: Peej1212

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Beetlejuice and Disaster have been around forever, it was time for them to go but I'm skeptical about Fast and the Furious replacing them and I'm afraid we will just get another Transformers like attraction but considering its replacing nothing too special, I'm excited.

Reactions: Peej1212 and Connor
Login or Register to Hide This Ad