Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
Falcon's Fury Announcement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiw4iivJQn0

After months of delays, Falcon's Fury is still in its soft opening phase. Official opening hasn't been announced as far as I know

Here's a video of employee ride time.

Footage from Falcon's Fury soft opening.

"Busch Gardens’ new thrill ride Falcon’s Fury includes first-of-its kind design elements, systems and parts. Due to a delay in the fabrication of key component parts, neither the manufacturer nor Busch Gardens are able to complete the lengthy testing processes needed to open the ride to the public. The safety of our guests and team members remains Busch Gardens’ top priority and none of these delays involve safety systems. The ride has been safely operated in the initial stages of the testing process, and all other elements of the park’s newest re-imagined land Pantopia are now open to guests. Busch Gardens will provide updates on the ride opening as events warrant. We are committed to delivering world-class thrills and the best possible ride experience, and we look forward to the launch of Falcon’s Fury, North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, later this summer."

Falcon's Fury POV

78e002e7223a4ca7a5aebd63e983f210_tower01_782x440.png

Introducing Falcon’s Fury, Busch Gardens® Tampa’s newest thrill ride that lets you soar and dive like a magnificent bird of prey.

You’ll climb nearly 300 feet to an incredible view of the terrain beneath you, then pivot 90 degrees in midair to a daring dive position, eyes fixed on the ground far below. An instant later, you'll plunge at 60mph straight down to where you started, with speed, power and adrenaline like you’ve never experienced before.

Take to the skies with Falcon’s Fury – only at Busch Gardens. Rising Spring 2014.

Construction updates
First update.
Update 2 - Mostly site work is happening for the first couple updates
Update 3
Update 4
Update 5
Update 6
Update 7
Update 8
Update 9
Update 10 - Pieces arrive on site
More pieces of the tower are coming in
Tower finally goes vertical!
Second piece is up
Third piece is in place
Construction update 12
Update 13
Fourth piece installed + Pantopia construction
Fifth piece being installed.
New crane assembled for the ride

December 20th, 2013
http://youtu.be/eUDzH83jK5s

Sixth piece being installed
Installing seventh piece
8th piece being installed
Click here for the January 9th, 2014 construction update.
Falcon's Fury vehicle is onsite.
Jan 23rd update
Busch Gardens Tampa invited the media for a hard hat tour of the construction. Click here for the update!

Falcon's Fury is topped off! Click here for more pics
Construction update 17
Ride vehicle is being set up.
Cars are now attached to the tower! Testing is coming soon!

Falcon rising!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1395861600.jpg

Update 21. Ride inspection in progress

Falcon's Fury drop testing - Drop looks really controlled at this point. Hopefully they'll turn down the brakes before the ride opens.

Cables are now being installed on the tower after months of delays. Hopefully this means the ride will open soon.
Update - Testing resumes after months of delays.

Falcon's Fury's opening delayed. Current opening day unknown  CLick here for reason

Falcon's Fury testing resumes. Rotations finally work

Falcon's Fury employee testing begins

Falcon's Fury soft opens to the public August 16th

Original Post
From Park Rumors.com

Plans Confirm Drop Tower for Busch Gardens Tampa in 2013

Plans filed with the South West Florida Water Management District last week confirm the rumors that Busch Gardens Tampa will be adding a drop tower style attraction for the 2013 season. The plans filed are just for the preliminary ground work, so they don’t tell us much, but we can still pull a few bits of useful information out of them.

For starters, we can make a pretty educated guess about the ride’s manufacturer, which has been thought to be either Moser Rides, (BGW just worked with them on Mach Tower) or Intamin (BGT just worked with them on Cheetah Hunt). Looking at the tower’s footprint, we can see it has eight sets of four seats, for a total of 32 riders. Intamin appears to only offer drop towers that seat 24, 30, or 40 riders, while Moser Rides offers a Gravity Tower model that seats 32. This certainly doesn’t confirm Moser as the manufacturer, but it does make it seem much more likely.

Another interesting item to note is the new entry plaza into Timbuktu that Busch Gardens will be adding. Gone will be the canvas overhangs and outdoor market, creating a much more open, and likely incredible view of this new attraction.

This is pretty big news regarding Tampa's 2013 drop tower. Not sure what the manufacturer is or how tall/fast this will be. Signs point toward Intamin, although Moser or even another design firm could be working on this. The vehicle looks to be an octagon in shape (something I don't think I've seen before in drop towers outside of maybe the S&S towers)

Discuss away

Attachments

• 2-29-2012 11-01-11 AM.jpg
    2-29-2012 11-01-11 AM.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 128
  • dt.jpg
    dt.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 83
RE: 2013 Mystery Drop Tower plans leaked

I would guess Moser is going to play a part, or was. After what happened at BGW, I'm not too sure but they just might. After all don't all things come to the parks in two's??

I doubt S&S--the framed structure of the towers from S&S is probably too "ugly" for BGT's standards.

Does anyone know where this will go? Could it replace Wild Surge?

EDIT: Stupid me. I didn't even look at the plans. But still--it's very hard to see...

Cool theming idea: Put it in Egypt. Make an indoor queue inside a pyramid structure. The tower comes out of the tip of the pyramid. Call it Pyramid Plunge, respectively. BOOM! ;)

Oh yeah I heard rumors about this before the news release, they had to do soil tests recently because the stability of the ground was brought to question.

My money is on Intamin, BGT probably has a great relationship with them after the smash hit that is Cheetah Hunt (although they should do something with those ditches @_@).

Last year when I was down there I heard rumors of a drop tower. But i also heard they did not want to go with Moser after what happened at BGW.

But remember, they had a HUGE success with Moser when they built Wild Surge. :p

/sarcasm/

Well, Moser is a possibility, the company doomed it self with Mach Tower. I'm going with Intamin as my first guess and Moser as a second resort.

J0E1 said:
Cool theming idea: Put it in Egypt. Make an indoor queue inside a pyramid structure. The tower comes out of the tip of the pyramid. Call it Pyramid Plunge, respectively. BOOM! ;)

Sounds like what Nora said we should do in BGW and retheme it to be in Greece, creating a whole new country.

J0E1 said:

If this is an Intamin then they might doom themselves by using the word "Plunge" in the ride's name.

Perilous Plunge at KBF ejected and killed a rider 11 years ago and Pilgrim's Plunge at Holiday World was promised to have a 45-ft tall and 90-ft wide wall of water and that ended up being more like 8-ft tall and 10-ft wide - definitely not what the park ordered! LOL

Also, I'd be shocked if BGT went with Intamin for this new attraction as the company has had too many incidents with several of their drop towers. The cost to insure one of those rides must be astronomical. The last Intamin drop tower in the US was installed was 8 years ago in 2003 at Kings Dominion so from that alone it's clear to see that other parks have been avoiding buying them.

Reactions: CarterGee

Or the drop tower craze of the 90's and early 2000's is over

Most of the Intamin accidents from my understanding come from the park doing stupid stuff to save money.

Reactions: netdvn

I'm surprised no one else has posted this yet, but we are hearing BGT is getting the tower from Kennywood. Kennywood did sell their drop tower but refuses to state which park company it was sold to. Looking at photos of the tower and comparing it to the plans Park Rumors has posted.. Looks pretty similar to me.

BTT_Racheal said:
I'm surprised no one else has posted this yet, but we are hearing BGT is getting the tower from Kennywood. Kennywood did sell their drop tower but refuses to state which park company it was sold to. Looking at photos of the tower and comparing it to the plans Park Rumors has posted.. Looks pretty similar to me.

Why on earth would BGT buy a used tower that BARELY worked!?!?!

LOL

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad