Facebook's New Redesign

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 16, 2017
Since it is such an integral part in most of society I figured this is worth mentioning.

Facebook has just done a major overhaul on their website. It features larger text, a new dark mode option, and has a very similar overall appear to their mobile app.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
We interrupt this regularly scheduled programming to bring you this important public service announcement.

Many ParkFans members still don't use the DarkFans theme. This is a profound personal failing and should be corrected as soon as humanly possible.

Screenshot_20200519-235530_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you for your time and your cooperation.

We now return you to the previously scheduled programming which is already in progress.

Lolers

Wavering faith will not serve you well
Sep 14, 2014
Stupid question. What is dark mode for? Is it a trend, or is there a purpose to it, like it makes it easier to read for some people?

Brambo

Is Nessie's career over?!
Oct 31, 2019
Virginia Beach, VA
Stupid question. What is dark mode for? Is it a trend, or is there a purpose to it, like it makes it easier to read for some people?
It is a lot less straining on the eyes, especially when you are looking at a computer screen for a long time each day. At the end of my work day I'd probably have a headache if I didn't put everything to dark mode 😂.

Reactions: Lolers and Zachary
Apr 22, 2019
I actually don't like the dark mode on iPhone at all. Other dark modes are generally good, but I find iOS's to be garish and irritating. To my eyes, it's harder on the eyes than their light mode.

Mar 16, 2016
I actually don't like the dark mode on iPhone at all. Other dark modes are generally good, but I find iOS's to be garish and irritating. To my eyes, it's harder on the eyes than their light mode.
I set mine to change with sun up and sun down. Helps avoid the sudden flash of light when things are dark.

They need a movie theater mode though.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Ok, so I tried ParkFans dark mode. WTH is with the gold/yellow? I don't like this. It's worse than iPhone dark mode.
DarkFans is actually a Halloween theme, not strictly a traditional "dark mode." It's a reference to a long-since-defunct, @Pretzel Kaiser-led, Halloween-event-focused arm of ParkFans named DarkFans which would have covered regional non-park haunts. A LightFans arm was subsequently proposed as well to focus on non-park Christmas events. LightFans may get a Christmas-esque tribute theme too eventually™.

Anyway, that's your ParkFans history lesson for today. Run along now. 😋

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2016
I demand a Thanksgiving overlay if we get Christmas.

why does everyone want to skip it?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad