Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 22, 2013
Tampa, FL
www.wdwtourcompany.com
Two new promotions released for January 2014 for Pass Members:

Double the Fun (Free Ticket for a Friend)

During January, Pass Members can bring a friend for free! Online registration required. Limit one free ticket per active Pass Member. Offer valid between January 1-31, 2014. Other Restrictions Apply.

Triple the Savings (30% Off Food, Beverage and Merchandise)

All month long, Pass Members get 30% off merchandise, food and beverages when you visit the park! Offer valid between January 1-31, 2014. Other Restrictions Apply.

More information will be available soon to Pass Members through the Pass Member site.

Reactions: Nicole
RE: Pass Member Appreciation Month - January 2014

Registration for the free tickets for friends promotion is now live through the pass member site.

A few notes - if you have more than one pass on your account, you must add a free ticket one at a time to the cart. It won't allow you to add more than one free ticket to the cart at a time (even though there is a quantity drop down option).

Also, the first and last name of the guest attending is required at the time of registration. Not sure how closely this will be checked at the gates, but it could pose a problem if you were planning on printing them out blank and deciding who to give to later, or if the person you plan to give it to backs out.

Came across this site after searching on Google. I'm hoping you guys can help.

I have a Platinum pass from SeaWorld San Diego. A few months ago I saw offers from the various parks with discounts and offers for free stuff and although I never used them (I'm living in NY now) I was always able to access/see them. Ever since they redid the pass member site, I've had trouble seeing any offers other than from the San Diego parks. Now this morning those SeaWorld and Busch Gardens offers came out and if you look at the fine print it now says for Florida Platinum Passmembers only. Is that typical? Will I ever be able to take advantage of offers the other parks give passmembers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jenn

Jenn, welcome to our forums!

I just logged back into the BGT pass member site and looked at the fine print on the offer, and I'm not seeing where it says specifically only Florida Platinum Pass Members. Can you point me to where you saw it? Maybe I'm missing it.

Thanks so much! I actually got the offer via email this morning and that is where I saw it. If I click on view this as webpage off the original email, here is the link. http://links.connect.seaworld.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NTk1MTQyNgS2&r=MTQ5NDAxMTc0MDIS1&j=MzU1MTY4NTI5S0&mt=1&rt=0
Hopefully that will work for you to see it. If not here is the text.

"Online registration required for free ticket. One free ticket per Pass Member, per park of membership. Friend for Free offer valid for one single-day admission by January 31, 2014. Pass Member must be present at the park for the free ticket holder to get admittance. Busch Gardens free ticket and offers valid only for active 1-Year, 2-Year and Platinum Busch Gardens Tampa Pass Members. SeaWorld free ticket and offers valid for active SeaWorld Orlando 1-Year, 2-Year and FL Platinum Pass Members. Free ticket is nontransferable, not for resale and may be revoked for misuse. Not valid for Fun Cards, Teacher Study Passes and Friends and Family Passes. All offers not valid with any other discount or offer. Restrictions apply for in-park offers, please see respective park websites for more details."

Interesting. Have you been able to log into Busch Gardens Tampa's site as a pass member?

http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/Passmembers is where you can log into. (If you're already logged into the site through somewhere else, try logging out and logging in through that link).

I can log in at each individual site but it doesn't give me any of the special offers. (I can see them BEFORE i log in)

All it has is San Diego stuff...I had a Silver SD pass from April 2011-April 2013 before I renewed to the Platinum and let me tell you...SW San Diego never offered ANYTHING extra. Occasionally they would have a passmember night (usually on a Friday night) which was not possible for me since I lived in Los Angeles and they would offer a free Christmas ornament on one specific day if you came on a certain day. Once I upgraded to the Platinum pass and I started getting all these emails from the various parks about Bring a friend free, extra discounts, free other stuff, I was super jealous and stoked at the same time.

Anyway, I'm going to Florida next week so it would be nice to use some of the passholder extras except now I don't see to have the option anymore.

Not that you want to hear it, but I think you'll have to call Guest Services for the park(s) to see what they say. Since they've switched over to the new log in, I've heard there have been issues. The sites are also super slow today since they released the offer. I can get into the BGT pass member offer, and I can *see* the SeaWorld offer, but it won't work for me (the pop up to register for tickets is blank, but it's an available offer).

I hope they can get it straightened out for you. If you do get an answer, please let us know what they tell you.

And I hope you enjoy your trip down here! If you have any questions on BGT (or SeaWorld for that matter) feel free to ask through the forums or contact me directly.

For what it's worth, if you log in to the BGT site and it works correctly, you should see these offers:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 5

Thanks, Bill. I will call them tomorrow. I actually called SeaWorld Orlando last week to ask about a discount on the hotels with my Platinum pass since the only thing they offered through their packages include tickets which I don't need. No luck.

I just noticed the travel agent part of your site so I am gonna submit for a quote there as most of my stuff isn't booked yet to see if you can get deals cheaper than I was looking at.

Reactions: Bill

In the irony of all ironies, yesterday I got an email from SeaWorld Orlando giving me a coupon for a free birthday dessert in January. Today I just got the same email from Busch Gardens for Tampa. So if they consider me a pass member for my birthday I'm really not sure why they don't for other things.

So, I wanted to check out this problem, since I go to the Florida parks so often…

I am a Williamsburg-based Platinum member, and I have noticed the new Tampa Pass Member site is a bit wonky. Oddly the new Pass Member log-in has not been replicated in Williamsburg, as far as I know.

Regardless, I just logged in to the site to see if I could access the current discounts and got this message:
“There are currently no offers available for your pass at this park”

I have always been able to take advantage of all of the Tampa and Orlando-based parks’ offers before. I know that the Platinum Pass is cheaper in Williamsburg. So, maybe they are limiting our access to Florida benefits? Or maybe, there is a problem with the website. Maybe the new log-in process has caused problems?

I hope someone is calling Guest Services to find out? I would, but I’m not planning to visit any of the Florida parks any time soon.

Sadly, even a phone call may or may not yield a proper answer.

There are definitely issues for at least some guests with the new log in procedures. I *think* we have our passes working properly on there, but I've read and heard issues from others not being able to register, having trouble pulling up once registered, etc.

I'll see if I can get a more definitive answer to the Platinum Pass question in the next week or so from someone higher up the chain.

The Park Employees Apparently Didn't Receive The 30% Off Memo For Pass Holders In January. All Of My Receipts Have A 10% Discount Instead Of The 30%. Before Making A Purchase Inform The Employee Of The Promotion So You Don't End Up Like Me.

Reactions: Luke

BGTFanViktor said:
The Park Employees Apparently Didn't Receive The 30% Off Memo For Pass Holders In January. All Of My Receipts Have A 10% Discount Instead Of The 30%. Before Making A Purchase Inform The Employee Of The Promotion So You Don't End Up Like Me.

if you didn't get your 30% for January, take receipts to Guest Relations on next visit, they can refund difference. I know all the food registers automatically give 30% when they scan your pass, no employee error possible.

Bill said:
Sadly, even a phone call may or may not yield a proper answer.

There are definitely issues for at least some guests with the new log in procedures. I *think* we have our passes working properly on there, but I've read and heard issues from others not being able to register, having trouble pulling up once registered, etc.

I'll see if I can get a more definitive answer to the Platinum Pass question in the next week or so from someone higher up the chain.

The answer to this really depends on the offer. Most pass offers, like January's 30% off or October's free beer are valid for any premium pass holder (1yr, 2yr, platinum, NOT funcards) whose pass will scan valid for entry on that day. Some limited offers (like the friend for free ticket) are specific to the home park or home state. A good rule of thumb is that most special food or merchandise offers are available to anyone with a valid pass (the free beer only loaded to passes whose birth date in system show them as over 21), admissions offers may be more specific.

I've been able to take advantage of special admission offers in Florida in the past.

Reactions: Bill

The issue is not how the park chooses to make an offer, it's that there isn't clear information available to the Pass Members. Even more serious is that clear information isn't always shared with the customer service and guest relations teams either.

Reactions: Zachary

I'm not sure if Platinum members get them for all parks, but the marketing direction going forward is to focus on pass member email blasts. They are moving away from mailers and the printed copy that was handed out with pass purchases. I'd suggest to any pass holder not currently getting emails that they call the contact center or stop by a ticket window to add an email address to their account.

As far as communication goes, information to address every issue I've seen so far on these forums has been provided to every front gate team member. If each individual employee reads and retains the info in every email is definitely up for debate:-/

The best source for the most accurate information (at least at BGT) is to email the park if you have a specific question. It seems to work out better than calling or showing up at a window.

Reactions: Party Rocker
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad