Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Coasternerd

Mack Produkt
Dec 7, 2021
Hey, I noticed we didn’t have a thread for Excavator’s Taters yet, which surprised me, so here we are!

I ate at Excavator’s Taters today on my visit to Kings Dominion. I ended up getting the Poutine, which was DELICIOUS! Their take on Poutine had a beefy gravy, which was amazing, cheese curds, which were also awesome, and a little garnish on top. Picture included below.

Now to compare to Les Frites over at Busch, the menu is about the same size, but the portion sizes here are much larger. Since it was slow we had to wait for them to make our food and it was worth the brief 5 minute wait to get everything made. Prices are much higher here, but you’re also getting more, which makes sense. All in all, I prefer Excavator’s Taters over Les Frites (though both are fantastic).

Attachments

• 2AD92649-215C-41C8-AF48-0A78DF104C7D.jpeg
    2AD92649-215C-41C8-AF48-0A78DF104C7D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Hey, I noticed we didn’t have a thread for Excavator’s Taters yet, which surprised me, so here we are!

I ate at Excavator’s Taters today on my visit to Kings Dominion. I ended up getting the Poutine, which was DELICIOUS! Their take on Poutine had a beefy gravy, which was amazing, cheese curds, which were also awesome, and a little garnish on top. Picture included below.

Now to compare to Les Frites over at Busch, the menu is about the same size, but the portion sizes here are much larger. Since it was slow we had to wait for them to make our food and it was worth the brief 5 minute wait to get everything made. Prices are much higher here, but you’re also getting more, which makes sense. All in all, I prefer Excavator’s Taters over Les Frites (though both are fantastic).
I’ve only had both once, but I do agree that Excavator’s Taters is better than Les Frites. They’re pretty similar, but Excavator’s just had a bit stronger taste for me.

does diesel anderson run this place? if not they should get him in the kitchen, that guy fuckin rocks, he makes the best fries ever, dont even get me started on his poutine

1650347590633.png '
i trust this guy with my potatoe , do you?

Now all we need is the comprehensive KDFans Excavator’s Taters food review - so all of us know what to try - that was teased to us, at the end of the Jungle Market Eatery review 😉.

We should have it out this weekend. It has been sitting half-done in drafts for ages now. We were prioritizing Outpost's review, but since Excavator's is suddenly relevant again, we'll get it out first.

I'll have to try this place next time, I was always a fan of Les Frites. But seeing the calorie counts scares me more than any ride can, almost enough for the whole day for me.

Reactions: Furyous Baco 325
Put it this way:
You get your money’s worth.
OK, I shouldn't be so worried about calories at an amusement park. The walk from the gate to Jungle X-Pedition to Twisted Timbers is quite a distance so I'll burn some of that off. I'll just skip the Cinnabon to make room because I can always get that at the mall.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Great review, and great photography of the dishes as well!

My wife and I tried the restaurant last night (Friday) for the first time, and it's funny how we had the same remark regarding no sour cream option.

I had the Bacon & Cheese Taters and overall I was pretty impressed; where I was surprised just how filling it was, and couldn't even begin to think about any other food for the remainder of the evening.

So with this as another meal plan option, it's almost mind boggling just how many diverse food options there are at the park - where I think I mentioned previously in another thread, I'm almost overwhelmed each visit, just trying to decide what to use my dining plan on... which is a joyous dilemma to have, and typically should not happen at an amusement park. So once again congrats to Chef Denis!

I wish they offered cheese fries with no bacon, but still scallions. Can you customize like that? But then that kinda sucks because you are no doubt still paying for meat.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
I wish they offered cheese fries with no bacon, but still scallions. Can you customize like that? But then that kinda sucks because you are no doubt still paying for meat.
The price range is narrow, with the pork the most expensive. All on dining plan.

I had the pork, very wow on first bite, spicy. I wasn't sure about the potatoes themselves but it was 20 minutes before restaurant close.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad