Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2013
Oh! Now that we know EITA is closed, do we know if there will be a replacement by next season? I'm hoping they will be able to get the budget issues sorted out over the off season. Even if the replacement makes a late spring, or Early Summer debut I just hope we get a replacement, for it. Does anybody have info?

RE: Europe In The Air

JuniorBGWfan28 said:
Oh! Now that we know EITA is closed, do we know if there will be a replacement by next season? I'm hoping they will be able to get the budget issues sorted out over the off season. Even if the replacement makes a late spring, or Early Summer debut I just hope we get a replacement, for it. Does anybody have info?

Very doubtful at this point.

At this point we are pretty sure EITA is closed, and is never coming back. Now we have no idea when the replacement for it is coming. But it will come, they cant just leave the building vacant forever.

I made this thread for you guys to talk about possible storylines for the replacement. You can also talk about when you think the replacement might come.

I just hope it comes soon, because without a ride there Killarney will be a ghostown, except for the people who want to see Celtic fire, and the people who walk through it to get some place.

It is extremely unlikely EITA will be replaced anytime next year, at least. Filming and work for a new simulator probably takes a year to complete at the very soonest. If the park shut it down now and isn't bringing it back then they sure cant afford a replacement for next year unless they were to bring back Corkscrew Hill with the same film and such, but HIGHLY unlikely.

Party Rocker said:
It is extremely unlikely EITA will be replaced anytime next year, at least. Filming and work for a new simulator probably takes a year to complete at the very soonest. If the park shut it down now and isn't bringing it back then they sure cant afford a replacement for next year unless they were to bring back Corkscrew Hill with the same film and such, but HIGHLY unlikely.

...lol

I think "lol" is because park management doesn't intend to replace it with anything.

If the rumors and talk are all true, they cut the ride to decrease operating costs and increase on-paper park profitability. Building a replacement ride to put in the EitA building would defeat that purpose.

So, as I understand it, I wouldn't look for a EitA replacement until after you hear something about Busch Gardens changing hands.

Dr. Julius Money Ed.D said:
I think "lol" is because park management doesn't intend to replace it with anything.

If the rumors and talk are all true, they cut the ride to decrease operating costs and increase on-paper park profitability. Building a replacement ride to put in the EitA building would defeat that purpose.

So, as I understand it, I wouldn't look for a EitA replacement until after you hear something about Busch Gardens changing hands.

Don't start using logic that does not even require thinking now. That might send people into a frenzy. That would make way too much sense.

Party Rocker said:
If the park shut it down now and isn't bringing it back then they sure cant afford a replacement for next year unless they were to bring back Corkscrew Hill with the same film and such, but HIGHLY unlikely.

I know it's highly unlikely, but if they want to be smart, instead of keeping the building vacant throughout next year then they could bring back Corkscrew Hill until they can afford to make a replacement. That'd be a better plan than just not having anything there at all, but they will probably not do that. However on the VERY Slim chance that they do put Corkscrew Hill back in for the time being, then I would be ecstatic! I mean seriously who doesn't like a good ride on Corkscrew hill.:D

They should put a walk through attraction in the building. I read somewhere that there was a walk through thing there originally (don't know if it's true). I don't know what they would theme it to (as long as it isn't an airport :p). It could be a place for the whole family to walk through and enjoy the AC :p.

Reactions: Julia
Hoopla said:
I read somewhere that there was a walk through thing there originally (don't know if it's true).

Yes, it was called Turvey Manor fun house. Other than that, could we get another Busch Gardens historian to elaborate?;)

Maybe it will give them a chance to make a really good permanent haunted house in the space, instead of rushing to put it up every year.

CastleOSullivan said:
Hoopla said:
I read somewhere that there was a walk through thing there originally (don't know if it's true).

Yes, it was called Turvey Manor fun house. Other than that, could we get another Busch Gardens historian to elaborate?;)

Yes, Turvey Manor was the fun house but after that closed they had a House of Mirrors attraction (forgot the name). Turvey Manor was fun when it first opened but it got old quick. And the mirrors were pretty lame. The only good attraction they ever had in that spot was Questor

Unagi Wrote: Yes, Turvey Manor was the fun house but after that closed they had a House of Mirrors attraction (forgot the name). Turvey Manor was fun when it first opened but it got old quick. And the mirrors were pretty lame. The only good attraction they ever had in that spot was Questor

Didn't Turvey manor have many effects that were either broken or turned off (spinning tunnel, moving floors,etc.)? I wish I had a good picture of the house itself. I've heard it had very little to no themeing. Is that correct?

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away the area had a "fun house" type attraction that was rather trippy. It had mirrors and weird mushrooms and was completely appropriate 70's man; can ya dig it?

However it did not last long and Turvey Manor became and Arcade for many years. Briefly a recording studio was added beside the arcade (where starbucks cofe - Annie's cafe is now) Grogan's is pretty much part of the Arcade building. Questar was built around the standing building, then King Arthur's Challenge, then Corkscrew Hill, then Europe in the Air and now - da da duh.....!!! Nothing.

Maybe it could be called "The Nothing" and reference the Neverending Story. You could have Falcor perched on top of the tower and every once in a while he screams ATREYU!

Now enjoy this rendering~ I was laughing as I made this.

Attachments

• Falcor-001.jpg
    Falcor-001.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 67
It's interesting to me that they stayed on the EiTA webpage that the ride was closed for the remainder of 2013. They could have just said it was closed. Could this imply that it's not closed forever? Also they could have removed it from the list of attractions altogether but they didn't. That's interesting too.

Remember corporate is the one that updates the site with whatever the park tells them. Maybe the park hasn't told them it was closed forever or somethin of the sort.

CastleOSullivan said:
Didn't Turvey manor have many effects that were either broken or turned off (spinning tunnel, moving floors,etc.)? I wish I had a good picture of the house itself. I've heard it had very little to no themeing. Is that correct?

My recollection of the interior isn't so good (it was so long ago) but I don't remember the effects being broken or turned off. It was your typical carnival-style fun house with, as you said, moving floors, etc. And yes, there was hardly any theming inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad