Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 21, 2010
Hey guys, I haven't posted on here in a while, but I feel I need to.
Take a look at this youtube video:

They are not even putting in a soarin'-type simulator! They are just keeping what they have. I am absolutely outraged by this. What do you guys think?

They already said they where keeping the same system. Check the January Announcement thread. Thanks for posting the video here as well though.

Swiftman said:
They already said they where keeping the same system. Check the January Announcement thread. Thanks for posting the video here as well though.

oh furreals? awh that sucks. :(

Did anyone else ride it today? I hate to be negative, but it was truly the most boring ride of this type I've ever been on. It was like Soarin' minus everything that makes Soarin' awesome.

Robbie said:
Did anyone else ride it today? I hate to be negative, but it was truly the most boring ride of this type I've ever been on. It was like Soarin' minus everything that makes Soarin' awesome.

I hate to say it, but I have to say that I was a disappointed. I felt like there was no story whatsoever. The transitions between scenes were just ridiculous. Obviously I love the park and I hate to say it, but I won't be riding it again. Oh well, not all attractions can be winners.

All I can say is that I should of stayed at home this morning. The ride was TERRIBLE. They put airport lights on a stone wall! Why?

For those who haven't been on it yet, here is the ride so you don't have to ride it.

Step 1: Enter cave with airport lights glued to the walls.
Step 2: Enter tunnel area with blue and white walls which are held up by creepy looking dark stone columns and arches.
Step 3: Enter first pre-show which looks the same as it used to. Confused traffic controller tries to figure out where you are going while ignoring all other flights. This is the climax/apex of the ride.
Step 4: Enter second pre-show area. Here you see a very un-informative slide show that looks like it was made in PowerPoint. (This was my favorite part of the ride because there was an exit that you can leave through.)
Step 5: Enter the "Air Sled" and fasten your seat belt because things are about to get much worse (pardon the pun). You "fly" around and see pictures that look like they came from Google Images while being tossed about by a moving platform (which doesn't follow the actual pictures at all). Between each picture you see a flash of light and you are somewhere else. "Hey look, I'm in Rome!" *Flash* "Where am I?" They don't tell you where on earth you are. The ride itself feels like it lasts a whole 2 min. Also, the "cool Colosseum flyover" is all of about 10 seconds in which you get to see this (no, really, I think they stole that image).
Step 6: You get off wondering what idiot was responsible for this ride and which hand you should use to slap them. (sarcasm... I guess.)

It is really that bad. Don't even waste your time.

Awww... I am so saddened by this. I was hoping to be blown away by the ride tomorrow (if I was feeling better). I was feeling sick all day today.

I went on this ride with several people today and here are my results:

Young Kids:4.5/5

Coaster Lovers:1.5/5(if that)

Motion Sickness: 3.5/5

Budget: $2

That is after I went with a 5,7,8,11, and 12 year old, a person mildly prone to motion sickness, and my coaster loving self.

New Name for this ride:
Ghetto Soarin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detailed review to come

Does anyone know any history about how this project was conceived? Is this something that was brainstormed by the park brass and produced from there, or was it pitched to the park by some outside production company, or what?? It just does really fall into that "what were they thinking" category.

BTW, anyone notice all the ugly neon paint they splattered all over Ireland? They "highlighted" alot of the stone border throughout the whole section with yellow, purple, blue, and green neon paint. It's really pretty hideous. Again..."what were they thinking?"

Shafor said:
BTW, anyone notice all the ugly neon paint they splattered all over Ireland? They "highlighted" alot of the stone border throughout the whole section with yellow, purple, blue, and green neon paint. It's really pretty hideous. Again..."what were they thinking?"
Yes, I saw that too. I agree it looked awful. They even painted over that fountain. It looked almost like some kid ran around doing graffiti on the walls. I hope dining with Elmo doesn't last. It's a total eye sore and it ruins the whole theme of Ireland. Why put Elmo (a happy and bright character) in a place thats obviously meant to be a dark dreary castle. If you just spray paint rainbows on it that won't make it more child friendly. It will just make it look cheap.

Nora, as the unofficial park contacter-person-thing, could you write a letter and let them know of the displeasure that this has caused. The park is good with its guests and if we give them some solutions they might undo some of the poor choices.

Fur Dozy said:
Nora, as the unofficial park contacter-person-thing, could you write a letter and let them know of the displeasure that this has caused. The park is good with its guests and if we give them some solutions they might undo some of the poor choices.

A) Let her ride it first.

B) I wouldn't write negative letters to the park. Those things are better said in person.

Swiftman said:
Fur Dozy said:

A) Let her ride it first.

B) I wouldn't write negative letters to the park. Those things are better said in person.

Sure, she should definitely ride it first. As far as the negative letter thing, let's just tell them what we don't like and give them some Ideas as far as how to fix it, such as replacing the old torches in the cave, it isn't very airport like, but they weren't selling that anyway.

And here's another name:
Europe Doesn't Care

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad