Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I was greatly impressed with @cdchen83's "pipe dream" concept of using the Festhaus Park area for a new hamlet. I know @Zachary encouraged him to create a separate thread (from the Festa Expansion thread) and I hope he does. It's a rather aggressive plan with a giga, bridge across the Rhine, etc.

I'm not trying to upstage him. He inspired me to think outside the box...but a bit more conservative. Lol
So here's my vision of Festhaus Park - "España".

Entry - between Festhaus and Bumper Cars an ornate wrought iron archway.

Pathway - We straighten out the pathway so it's closer to the Verbolten building. Heavier greenery and stone wall along the Festhaus side until shops. A new gate/entrance to the reserved picnic area.

Shops/Snacks/Restrooms - Built in front of the Verbolten building and opposite side (blue squares). All with Spanish style architecture.

Plaza del Sol -
• New train station at the crossroads. Architecture is similar to the station in Puerto del Sol (Madrid). A connecting Tapas restaurant on with outdoor/indoor seating. Black Forest picnic area reconfigured to allow restaurant service from Festhaus back area.
• Large fountain in center of the Plaza. (Star)
• Current service roads remain- repaved in paver stone.

Torre España - Perhaps an S&S Combo Tower combining Space Shot and Turbo Drop. (I recall original height permit stated the structure would be see-thru. Thus, my idea).

Major Coaster - Located in the remainder of the old DF footprint. As long as Apollo still has strong appeal, I don't see a giga. Maybe something like an RMC single rail (Wonder Woman or Railblazer) - unique to the area/competition.

Flat Ride - Cyborg Spin? (red square)

High stucco walls surround remaining area. Lower service road remains non-public to allow access to Verbolten building and to service new shops.

Last edited:
Actually i think a tapas concept would be perfect for a theme park ! Tapas and tunes is what a local brewery does here where i live ! It would be a need concept !

Reactions: GrandpaD
Perhaps not, but I have a feeling the current creatives at Busch Gardens wouldn't know the difference.

Considering the large Brazilian population and tourists in Orlando where SEAS is headquartered, it would be an embarrassment if they didn’t know.

Reactions: Zimmy
Not sure what you mean by "Samba" tapas but Samba is Brazilian dance and musical style with African Roots. Portuguese (not Spanish) is the national language of Brazil.
I guess no one got the reference. Oh well. Have you ever seen LaLa Land? The jazz club the main character wanted to buy because of historical significance closed and was turned into a Samba tapas place.

• Haha
Reactions: Zachary
If this got built, could they do a New Spain somewhere down the line?

There would be food stalls serving up traditional street foods such as tacos, Mexican street corn and, of course, cerveza.

For the history buffs there's Montezuma's Revenge water ride - I see a Journey to Atlantis type ride is desired by different folks on here. Would just need to tweak the story being told a bit, maybe throw in a custom element or few.

If they were to do both Spain and New Spain, perhaps they could go with that water ride concept as the unifying piece assuming they would both be cut out of FHP with the walkway rearrangement you've suggested, closer to VB's show building with shops and scenery blocking the view. Would think the architecture would blend fairly well for most parts.

Not sure what other things could be done, but an interesting parallel is that much of the music played in Mexican restaurants sounds extremely similar to the style of music played in the German hamlets.

(Please move this if it's in the wrong space! Thanks)

I think, in regards to hamlets, they already took a left turn creating "New France" so I'd never think a "New Spain" would be on the distant horizon.

I think Scandinavia would be one to consider. Then those pesky Vikings that came with Invadr would have their own haunt.

I think, in regards to hamlets, they already took a left turn creating "New France" so I'd never think a "New Spain" would be on the distant horizon.

I think Scandinavia would be one to consider. Then those pesky Vikings that came with Invadr would have their own haunt.
Is Frozen still huge? Or will they be missing the boat on that one?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad