Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

b.mac

huh?
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
image-5.jpg

Were you able to see anything that would explain why they are there?

ParkFans.net has confirmed this statement to be false.
Apparently the ride is gone now. Time to move this into former attractions.

Also very worried for Nessie's Cave due to its proximity to Pompeii. The Colonial Pipeline also isn't too far away as well, but that should be far enough underground to where it's not affected.

Can confirm Pompeii is a goner. Park May have done this themselves to save closing costs. It didn’t show up on any JCC fire scanners. Very well could’ve been controlled. We were all wondering why deadline wasn’t coming back. Maybe because the park had this planned?

Is it bad that I can't tell if this is a joke or not?

Can confirm Pompeii is a goner. Park May have done this themselves to save closing costs. It didn’t show up on any JCC fire scanners. Very well could’ve been controlled. We were all wondering why deadline wasn’t coming back. Maybe because the park had this planned?
What happened to Project Madrid dude?

WTKR has this initial report from the JCC fire department:

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – A small fire broke out on the roof of the Escape from Pompeii water ride in Italy village earlier this evening.

The ride was not operating at the time the fire started and no guests were in the area, according to authorities.

The James City County Fire Department responded immediately and the fire was extinguished without incident.

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) -- Busch Gardens Williamsburg's "Escape From Pompeii" water ride will be closed indefinitely after a fire on the ride's roof Saturday night.
Ron Vample, a spokesperson of the amusement park, says the ride was not operating at the time of the fire and there were no park guests in the area at the time.
James City County firefighters were able to put out the fire quickly, said Vample.

The ride will be closed Sunday, July 22 and there is currently no estimated time for it to reopen.
Stay on WAVY.com for updates.

Source:
https://www.wavy.com/news/local-new...closed-indefinitely-following-fire/1315399361

I want it to be demolished and replaced with a compact coaster. Bermuda Blitz, Mack, intamin, etc. Wishful thinking, but that would be amazing.

Official statement from Ron Vample, Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Senior Communications Manager:
We can confirm there was small fire Saturday, July 21, on the roof of the Escape from Pompeii water ride in Italy village. The ride was not operating and no guests or ambassadors were in the area at that time. The James City County Fire Department responded immediately and the fire was quickly extinguished without incident. The safety of our guests and ambassadors remains our top priority. The attraction will be closed Sunday, July 22. There's no timetable on when it will reopen.

Last edited:
I want it to be demolished and replaced with a compact coaster. Bermuda Blitz, Mack, intamin, etc. Wishful thinking, but that would be amazing.
If KD's Volcano is a goner too, then BGW should go with a spiritual successor to both rides. "Pompeii: Eruption" (edit: Vesuvius was the volcano itself?), a Maverick killer or S&S pneumatic launch. KD should then respond by bringing back the Haunted River in the Volcano structure.

Of course, that involves losing two iconic and unique attractions. I'd rather not see either leave unless it's a total loss. And if Pompeii is a total loss and KD's Volcano lives on and it's just an Xcelerator situation, BGW should NOT build a launch coaster to replace Pompeii.

Last edited:
I find all of the Pompeii hate in this thread concerning. You all do realize that it's our last ride-through dark ride and easily one of the best-themed rides in the park, right? Not to mention that it is also one of the most iconic rides on property...

Last edited:
I find all of the Pompeii hate in this thread concerning. You all do realize that it's our last ride-through dark ride, easily one of the best-themed rides in the park, and one of BGW's most iconic attractions, right?

I don't understand why people want it gone so badly. Sure it isn't the greatest ride, but not every ride in the park needs to be a cool coaster. I think a cool themed shoot-the-chute ride is needed in a place like bgw since it is a high capacity family attraction that you really don't get anywhere outside of Disney or Universal. Parks rarely will heavily theme these attractions, and it is a ride that pays tribute to a big historical event.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad