Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Don't see any gear out so it probably is a safety inspection or something but JCCFD is on the roof right now count about 8 to 12 total. This might be a positive sign for reopening soon.

Attachments

• 20180723_114217.jpg
    20180723_114217.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
The ride is no longer listed as closed on the website, perhaps it has reopened already or will do so today? Love this ride btw, hope it is NOT going anywhere anytime soon. Such an iconic ride for this park, though it would be nice to see the park invest in some TLC for the ride. (i.e new paint for the building)

Has anyone been there to confirm its status? I imagine if it reopened yesterday, we would have heard about it somewhere.

Reactions: Ice
Escape From Pompeii is open again.
I am sad to report that the inside ride looked like it was themed to Pompeiian ruins. Obviously the fire was much worse than we thought.

Seriously though, the beam didn’t break and the audio was out of sync with the mechanical show equipment. In the main chamber, only the speakers on the right side were working. Therefore, you only hear strings. I didn’t hear any piccolo in the overhead fire scene and the audio is still not working in the last room.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If I were to guess, I would say that they were more focused on getting the ride up for the summer crowds (and that sweet sweet sprayer money). If would guess that they'll be fixing the effects during the off season.

This is all speculation though.

Reactions: horsesboy
My wish would be for BG/SEAS had the money to have an in house creative team and engineering team to take a year off with EfP and RR over 2 years to retheme, rebuild, and have it all done so if something needs repaired they have all the schematics and someone in property that knows the workings to fix it.

Reactions: rvadude85
I actually rode this 8/2 and I have to say this fire may have actually improved the ride experince. The last time I had been on the attraction was 7/2 and there was a plethora of lighting on that I hadn’t seen functioning in years. Maybe my vision of the past is blurry, but I found many lights on that hadn’t been touched in years along with the fire effects being synced to the speed of the boat. Something I found particularly interesting was that some of the lighting would darken and brighten in the last scene. Other than the audio before the drop and the doors I think everyone is up to par. Hopefully, this off-season with only a flat ride addition the parks maintenance can focus on fully restoring the effects.

Interesting. Did you ride it at night, or was this in the daytime?

I'm glad to hear that since nothing was in sync when I rode it the first day it was back in operation. The sound cue that accompanies the fire in the main chamber was three seconds late and the fire started 1 1/2 seconds after the sound cue. I know the ride can be temperamental, but I hope what you saw was not a fluke.

Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad