Login or Register to Hide This Ad

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
Besides UCM land, and HTTYD land I won't ever leave those areas when I come as a guest.
HTTYD during the day, then sunset in the hub (wink which is amazing) and then night time in UCM- with Frank. ?
Everyone is getting really excited vertical construction of backstage area is being staged and then Epic Universe park will be happening soon too, probably starting with SNW, because the Mario Kart ride building is massive, as so is the build of going to be levels. I am hearing and seen some of the DK coaster thru some videos of the prototype testing. Also, on the call on Thursday they confirmed that SNW is part of UEU and that the park will open in 2023.

So with the SNW being confirmed and announced by Comcast, other announcements will probably be coming sometime in the next few calls.

I do know that BERK for the HTTYD land will be set in a certain time, and will also be a great place for families with kids. I will be there regardless as the rides are very impressive, and the whole land is a dream come true, especially if you have seen the movies, or even their Christmas show. Lots of caves and rockwork in this area.

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
Here you go we have MONSTERS, REPEAT WE HAVE MONSTERS.
Thanks to Alicia Stella--Mercer on Inside Universal & Orlando Park Stop here are the permits for UCM,
Mostly it is just for foundation work for the area which is based on Frankenstein's Castle, The Village & the Windmill. Only one attraction or ride for UCM until Phase II, which would probably & possibly be the wooded area and the Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride. Check out Alicia's report on the Orlando Park stop site for more info. Once Universal announces the areas for the park, I can say more.

Now keep your anticipation ready for more info of UEU, especially the HUB area & Fantastic Beasts area.
Things are starting up.

Attachments

• UCM01.jpg
    UCM01.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 4
  • UCM02.jpg
    UCM02.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 4
  • UCM05.jpg
    UCM05.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 4
  • UCM06.jpg
    UCM06.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 4
  • UCM07.jpg
    UCM07.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 4

Pretzel Kaiser

Advisory Panel
Apr 5, 2011
I’m really curious how everything will look in the end. The classic Uni monsters are somewhat tame by today’s standards.

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
I’m really curious how everything will look in the end. The classic Uni monsters are somewhat tame by today’s standards.
I'm sure you mean more specifically the monsters rather than the sets. Because if the Universal Monsters house at HHN last year was anything to go by: it'll be fine. I don't think they want to go full "this is 100% haunted house all the time" horror nights maze in the case of the monsters themselves.

The classic monsters still have a pretty good appeal as they are. As long as they stick with that and don't try to edgelord it up, it'll be fine. We don't need their Dark Universe bullshit.

As for rides: I think it'll be as dark as DarKastle. Which I mean still have plenty of people some scares.

Pretzel Kaiser

Advisory Panel
Apr 5, 2011
Yeah, the sets still hold up to time, but the creature as an antagonist might not cut it today.
Maybe they could get around it by having the guests take the monster to a party on a party bus?

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I think the monsters are perfect for a family park. This isn’t HHN, it is a family theme park. Moreover, many of us prefer creepy, spooky monsters to horror. Something can be scary, without being a chainsaw-wielding jump scare. Those classic characters and their stories are intrinsically disturbing.

Honestly, the ambiance of a dark, foreboding castle, inhabited by creatures of the night, ties directly into natural human fears.

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
I'm sure you mean more specifically the monsters rather than the sets. Because if the Universal Monsters house at HHN last year was anything to go by: it'll be fine. I don't think they want to go full "this is 100% haunted house all the time" horror nights maze in the case of the monsters themselves.

The classic monsters still have a pretty good appeal as they are. As long as they stick with that and don't try to edgelord it up, it'll be fine. We don't need their Dark Universe bullshit.

As for rides: I think it'll be as dark as DarKastle. Which I mean still have plenty of people some scares.
More like the new KUKU arm Gen 3 coaster type of ride, is what is being rumored and hearing inverted maybe.
The new system runs on roller coaster track like the pictures below. Kind of like Forbidden Journey, but able to do more thru the sets and do drops and inclines. This I hope will be the sleeper hit.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: tursiops and Nicole

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
I hate literally everything about that idea, and I desperately hope they don't do that. Forbidden Journey makes me so incredibly sick, I almost had to have help walking to a spot where I could sit afterwards.

I'm part of their target audience for that section of the park and that would alienate me so fast.

But I was saying as dark as DarKastle in terms of story and plot. It's scarier than Haunted Mansion, but it's not so scary that the minimum height requirement crowd probably won't be traumatized by it.

Reactions: SukaUniFl

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
I hate literally everything about that idea, and I desperately hope they don't do that. Forbidden Journey makes me so incredibly sick, I almost had to have help walking to a spot where I could sit afterwards.

I'm part of their target audience for that section of the park and that would alienate me so fast.

But I was saying as dark as DarKastle in terms of story and plot. It's scarier than Haunted Mansion, but it's not so scary that the minimum height requirement crowd probably won't be traumatized by it.
I do know that all of the UCM will be part of that ride, and I am starting to think to, that before WWOHP came to UOR it was actually gonna be a Van Helsing ride using the KUKU system. Hopefully if they use that system like FJ, they can adjust it with less motion sickness, I get the same way, even though I have to ride it over and over with the nephews when we go. More will come out once more permits come out, so I will let ya know,
This is also my LOVE for the park, it gets a piece or pieces of my heart

Reactions: tursiops

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
Sorry it has been awhile since I posted. Since Covid and I stuck to my online classes to finally get my second degree from UCF. But Epic is coming along, new area bought that will be I believe a gas station and convience store back near the employee entrance. Track has arrived for Yoshi, and right now more permits, and watching from this trailer I get to sit in now, still kind of bleh but almost see the hub areas taking place and backstage is soon to go vertical for Warehouses & Backstage areas for offices. Other than that just small adjustments for a Phase 2 area near HTTYD.

Hopefully soon it will be something more to look at than dirt and parking lot. 2025

Aug 17, 2010
It sounds like Fantastic Beasts might be shifting to just regular Potter. I'd prefer this, but ideally they would just leave Potter to the other two parks. I'd love to see a different area in Epic Universe, but I'm sure it won't happen. I'm just hoping Classic Monsters doesn't get cut.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad