Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: The Enchanted Laboratory of Nostramos the Magnificent (? - ?)

I think it ended in 2000 with the final year of hastings.

RE: The Enchanted Laboratory of Nostramos the Magnificent (? - ?)

According to what we've got, the Catapult was in there through the '85 season, and Nostramos was there by '87 - the question then lies in which one occupied the space in '86...

PzP said:
I think it ended in 2000 with the final year of hastings.

Just found it in a 2000 brochure - end date confirmed.

Reactions: Nora
RE: The Enchanted Laboratory of Nostramos the Magnificent (1987 or Earlier to 2000)

The Enchanted Laboratory of Nostromos that Magnificinet opened June 22, 1986 and closed August 18, 2000. Landmark Entertainment produced the show for the Old Country and was the parks longest runing show as many as 20 shows per day.

Attachments

• bgw1987_2.jpg
    bgw1987_2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 94
RE: The Enchanted Laboratory of Nostramos the Magnificent (1987 or Earlier to 2000)

Thanks for the information! Updated the thread title with the correct opening year.

I loved this show so much when I was little.:heart:
I remember being pulled up on stage and asked to hold the wand that kept falling apart as soon I as I touched it.:p He kept telling me to stop breaking his wand. :D
Then I remember the magician putting the mic in front of me and asking my name which I gave him. Then he asked where I lived and my response was "The United States of America". The audience burst out laughing and I left the guy a little speechless for a second or two. :p:D

Owls R A Hoot said:
Then I remember the magician putting the mic in front of me and asking my name which I gave him. Then he asked where I lived and my response was "The United States of America". The audience burst out laughing and I left the guy a little speechless for a second or two. :p:D
Probably because most people in medieval England didn't know what the United States of America was. :p Just trying to keep the act going, with a little audience participation!

My memories of that show are very little to nothing but I know I loved it. This show and its successor both complemented each other very well. Almost all of the same team worked on both shows.

I recently congratulated Scott Gasparich and some of his crew on Scrooge No More. I told him that it was the best story-telling show since COS. Suddenly he looked offended, almost as though he thought it was an insult. Then, he perked up a bit, and explained how much easier it was to make a good show based off of an already good novel rather than creating an original story.

While I understand his point and I agree with him, I think that was an unfortunate comeback. The park doesn't seem to think that they have the resources to create a show like this anymore. I hope that someday a show like this will be brought to that facility, without having to sacrifice another dining area. Both of the shows in that theater were too difficult to follow for a dining area. That's a big part of the reason why Entwined failed. People can't concentrate on a story based show in a dining facility. That's why even Tampa only has musical revues in their main dining area.

If the park wants to fill the void of this type of show, they need to look deeper into their history. They need to find out why this captivated the attention of people from many different age groups.

Castle O\ said:
Then, he perked up a bit, and explained how much easier it was to make a good show based off of an already good novel rather than creating an original story.

I think he described the exact reason you shouldn't create an intricate story in a show. Yet he continues to do the same thing over and over......?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad