Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

belsaas

Professional Shitposter
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
This is just so wonderful to see. With so many young folks having to choose between crushing debt or not going to college, Dolly Parton is a saint.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a Herschend wide policy, not just with Dollywood.

I'm waiting for some of the fine print to be made available in regards to any potential limits on tuition and stuff like that but this is definitely the most comprehensive education program an amusement company has offered for its employees.

Sound similar to my proposal in the BGW staffing issues thread.

The big difference here is that Herschend, being a family-owned company, might have at least some altruistic motivations here. In addition to providing a great incentive for employees to work for the company and staff their parks, there might be some level of them literally just doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. BGW, or rather SEAS as a publicly traded company, doesn’t have that luxury.

That said, good on Herschend. This is incredible.

Last edited:
It's a Herschend wide policy, not just with Dollywood.

I'm waiting for some of the fine print to be made available in regards to any potential limits on tuition and stuff like that but this is definitely the most comprehensive education program an amusement company has offered for its employees.

From what I have heard from someone who works at Dollywood and is beginning to look at the program as they prepare for spring hiring. There are some limits. Basic take away was that you won't get Harvard paid for and you won't get to spend 5 or more years partying it up and limping your way through school. But if you maintain decent grades you should be able to enjoy an education at a decent level school and graduate on their dime.

From what I have heard from someone who works at Dollywood and is beginning to look at the program as they prepare for spring hiring. There are some limits. Basic take away was that you won't get Harvard paid for and you won't get to spend 5 or more years partying it up and limping your way through school. But if you maintain decent grades you should be able to enjoy an education at a decent level school and graduate on their dime.

That is still amazing and totally understandable.

This seems typical of many employer's tuition reimbursement programs. Mine links grades with % paid for. A's = 100%, B's = 90%, C's = 80%, D's = 50% and F's = 0%. Many of my previous employers (BGW exlcuded) had a similar program.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad