Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
They just announced their spring job fair on IG. Up to $14/hour? No wonder they have staffing issues. Who would sign up for that? Up to 14 probably means $10-$11 for basic level and $14 for experience. I could get $15 a lot of places and be indoors.

They just announced their spring job fair on IG. Up to $14/hour? No wonder they have staffing issues. Who would sign up for that? Up to 14 probably means $10-$11 for basic level and $14 for experience. I could get $15 a lot of places and be indoors.
If they wanted to keep staff there’s a thing called ‘positions starting at $___.___’

Meanwhile the BGW jobs Twitter account tweeted out last night that they were hiring at up to $13 an hour. Really doesn't inspire much confidence in that $14 per hour number...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do they want to fail? Anyone could go to target or Walmart and get $15 an hour, not have to be outside, not have put on a “costume” so to say of perfect customer service, and get paid more.

Reactions: Mamunia
Meanwhile the BGW jobs Twitter account tweeted out last night that they were hiring at up to $13 an hour. Really doesn't inspire much confidence in that $14 per hour number...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does the free single day ticket include early Pantheon access? :)

"Receive a FREE Single Day Ticket when you attend and apply at the event!"

I wonder if BGW is possibly running into the same issue that we currently have at work of out of state corporate people pushing want is currently unrealistic starting pay for the area cause they can't grasp that the local job market is vastly different then where they are located.

I wonder if BGW is possibly running into the same issue that we currently have at work of out of state corporate people pushing want is currently unrealistic starting pay for the area cause they can't grasp that the local job market is vastly different then where they are located.
I agree with that sentiment about pay, but this is SEAS at a park opening a major coaster and is a year round park. They aren’t going to be hurting for change anytime soon.

Does the free single day ticket include early Pantheon access? :)

"Receive a FREE Single Day Ticket when you attend and apply at the event!"
Honestly I want to know when the hiring cut off for early employee rides is. I mean I could probably swing a second job for a month or two if I got an early ride.

Reactions: Coasternerd
If BGW is offering $11 a hour that is crap. $11 a hour is minimum wage. They can’t offer any lower than that.

They should be offering at least $2-$3 above minimum wage to get a substantial amount of applicants

The Wendy’s down the street from my house has a sign saying “starting pay $11/hr”. Actually advertising that is foolish. They can’t hire any lower than that for goodness sake!

Reactions: Coasternerd
I am curious how many potential employees are not aware of the relatively recent minimum wage increases?

Not to date myself too much, but I believe even only a few years ago when I last worked a stint in retail it was under $8/hr minimum so getting anything over that was great.

Reactions: bill s
Everyone is still hurting from an employment front. What I'm willing to bet what SEAS is banking on is seasonal work and bonus benefits will overcome the slightly lower pay.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad