Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I’m ‘shocked’ that you guys responded like this! You should find another ‘outlet’ for your ‘current’ shenanigans.

Reactions: Zachary
I applaud VB for giving guests the chance to swim with electric eels, they're cool animals.

I hope that they made the water safe for them before that, though.

An interesting article came out:

In short FOIA request have been denied after the public agencies involved first went to universal to ask what they could or couldnt disclose.

• Wow
Considering what I do for BGWFans/KDFans, this is the kind of BS legal stonewalling of public records that keeps me up a night. I've already had the new law referenced in the article above cited to me by a county municipality in Virginia. Businesses are going to quickly catch onto the fact that they can abuse the absurd broadness of this law to bar any building-related documents they want from the public record.

Reactions: belsaas
It's tough because I think there's a very fine line. I think that companies should have a right to confidentiality but at the same time the public has a right to know certain things. I think this falls squarely under the public having a right to know what happened at the park. This way they can make an informed decision about wanting to visit.

Reactions: Crunchewy
OSHA investigation completed

What sort of 'construction error' from 2017 or earlier would start shocking people at least 2 years later that the park wouldn't have known about and rectified? Also, were the supposed accounts of lifeguards getting shocked but told to not mention it to guests part of OSHA's investigation? So much for investigative journalism...

Yep, I had similar concerns. I didn't write the article I just found it and thought it was worth linking since it was the first I had seen reporting on the completed investigation.

From the article:

"Universal also blamed the woman, saying she hadn’t used “reasonable care for her own safety," in the response filed last month to what appears to be the first lawsuit in Orange Circuit Court stemming from June 2 when several Universal lifeguards and visitors said they experienced electrical currents running up their bodies and the sensation of being zapped."

Shocking?

Honestly the most surprising thing to me is she's only asking for $15k. That may not even cover her legal bills for this.

• Wow
What sort of 'construction error' from 2017 or earlier would start shocking people at least 2 years later that the park wouldn't have known about and rectified? Also, were the supposed accounts of lifeguards getting shocked but told to not mention it to guests part of OSHA's investigation? So much for investigative journalism...

if the pools weren’t bonded to ensure Equipotential accross the pool and deck surfaces, natural changes in earth potential across the pool could have created a few volts difference across the pool.. which in water would be enough to feel a shock.

Or, a pool light could have failed, but wasn’t grounded properly so current from the light was leaking into the pool water that was bonded.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Jonesta6
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad