Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 29, 2011
ACE is having an event there in a few weeks and they sent out this message regarding El Toro's status.

El Toro's lift motor has blown. It's not a meltdown. The motor is being shipped to Maryland. If it can be rebuilt, El Toro should run.

If a new motor is needed then it's done for the season. As a backup plan the park has already set into motion replacement ERT as well as something super special if it's determined that El Toro won't run for the event.

When we have the FACTS we will pass them to you.

Oh, Intamin!

The ironic thing about this is the event's name is "Riding of the Bull."

I guess all we can say to this is Stay tuned.....

Reactions: Coasternerd
If El Toro is out for RotB it's likely ACE will get ERT on Nitro and the other B&M's. Utter shame the engine failed on Toro, first time the ride's been closed for 3 consecutive days in its life

b.mac said:
Utter shame the engine failed on Toro, first time the ride's been closed for 3 consecutive days in its life

El Toro had periods of downtime when it first opened. The train even valleyed right before the brake run and the ride was struck by lightning five years ago but only closed for a few days. They seem to have worked out most of the issues over the last few years and has been running fairly well until its motor blew out.

Reactions: b.mac
From Screamscape...

El Toro sans lift motor

db_2013_0822_ElToro1.jpg

b.mac said:
[tweet=https://twitter.com/gadvonline/status/373210499598790656]

Will update if I hear anything else.

That's promising.

I was planning a trip up there in October so hopefully it'll be fixed by then!

Deadline for Riding of The Bull Cinco has been extended, the event will be held on Saturday, Sept. 7th.

Online Registration will remain open till Tuesday at 4:00pm

http://ace-nj.ticketleap.com/cinco2013/

We would love to push it further but the holiday will not allow us. This is your last chance to snail mail registration and join over 300 close friends.

Let's go over what you get

Morning ERT on Nitro (Tanya Regan Tribute) and Batman the Ride

Amazing behind, under and between coaster tours. (bring those cameras!)

All you can eat Mexican Feast with unlimited soft drinks

Door prizes and lots of them!

A farewell to Rolling Thunder

1 1/2 hours of Epic evening ERT on El Toro

I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten the chance to ride this coaster here( I suspect there are a good number around), but I wanted to see what people's opinions were. As of now, El Toro is my favorite coaster yet. It's fast, smooth, and has great elements. The airtime is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced on a coaster. The first time I rode, it caught me completely off guard. I also like the later part of the layout with the s turns.

What do you think of El Toro? Do you have a favorite seat? Do you have some hate for it because it resides in a Six Flags park? Are you willing to accept El Toro as your lord and savior?

El Toro is one of my favorites!

It's definitely IMO, the best ride in the park.

It is a fantastic ride. It's smoothness and speed make it incredible for a wooden coaster. The air-time is some of the best I have ever experienced and I wish we had more coasters like it!

Shane said:
Either El Toro or The Voyage are my favorite coaster. It is really hard for me to pick between the two.

These are my 2 favorites so far. I give the nod to Voyage because that one has a mix of forces. Everything from the spaghetti bowl to the return run back to the station is just relentless.

El Toro, on the other hand, has my favorite first drop (back seat of course) on any coaster I've been on.

Zachary said:
Get ready for mass pocket policing.

Six Flags Great Adventure is being sued after a cell phone flew into the face of an El Toro rider and blinded him in one eye. Not good at all.

Link

I went to this park recently....there are lockers for a $1 near some of the rides and there are signs galore and verbal notices about putting things in pockets. Unlike Busch Gardens, there isn't a bag area, hence the lockers.

Someone was probably being stupid and trying to record their ride. This ride isn't as good as Grizzly at KD is.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad