Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Does anybody know what the fate of this poor flat ride was? I've always wondered if they just shipped this sucker off to a storage shed, or trashed it altogether.

I know El Dorado is not sitting in the park's boneyard, which is where several other defunct rides rot away- the old Action Theater seats, old KidZville rides, and Shoot the Curl, to name a few.

If the ride wasn't scrapped, I sort of wonder if El Dorado could make a return someday. It was never super thrilling (the sensation was similar to that of Da Vinci's Cradle at BGW), but it was visually interesting and a decent family ride.

Since it was trailer-mounted (portable), they could simply prop the ride up in front of Hurler's entrance for the 2017 season and spice the area up, until the coaster's fate is decided. :p

But seriously- does anyone know what happened to Kings Dominion's third Geauga Lake hand-me-down?

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
I remember riding it and Americana when they both opened back in 2009. Can't believe that it was 10 years ago, time sure flies.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad