Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

K8theGr8

The Big Bad Wolf Removal generation
Sep 29, 2011
VA
So, here I am on vacation with some dear friends of ours that we haven't seen in ages. I haven't been able to go to BGW with them in 7 years... So, it's an understatement to say I was looking forward to it. We enjoyed one great day at WCUSA, where my sandal broke in the beginning of the day, and I walked around barefoot the rest of the day. I didn't think it would be so bad... I've had an ankle injury in the past, but it hasn't acted up in ages...
Well, I was wrong. Toward the end of the day, I was doing nothing except walking out of the stinkin' wave pool when I took a step and had excruciating pain in my heel. Only in my heel, and only when I put weight on it. Bizarre. I've never felt anything like it. (It is on my bad foot, though.) I can hobble around on my one good foot, by only using the ball of my injured foot, not the heel. I'm not going to go to a doctor down here, I'm going to wait until I can get to my doctor at home next week.
But I'll be darned if I miss out on this BGW trip that was 7 years in the making. I'm stubbornly determined. So, I need some help from those who know:

1.) I see on the website that where you can buy an ECV ahead of time, it says, "Available for guests with conditions affecting personal mobility." Are they going to ask for a doctor's note or something in order for me to rent the ECV or wheelchair. I have no such proof of anything, since this just happened to me... My "condition" affecting my mobility just occured...🤷‍♀️
1b.) Does passholder discount apply to ECV/Wheelchair rentals?

2.) Does having an ECV mean that I can enter rides from the exit line? Or is that only for RAP guests? I have no idea what to do with the thing while I try to ride a ride... Just park it somewhere? DO I qualify for RAP, or do I need a doctor's note? I'm not trying to jump lines unfairly. But if I could stay off my foot and still abide by the rules... I wouldn't say no to that.

TIA for any help!

Reactions: Nicole
Apr 29, 2011
1.) I see on the website that where you can buy an ECV ahead of time, it says, "Available for guests with conditions affecting personal mobility." Are they going to ask for a doctor's note or something in order for me to rent the ECV or wheelchair. I have no such proof of anything, since this just happened to me... My "condition" affecting my mobility just occured...🤷‍♀️

2.) Does having an ECV mean that I can enter rides from the exit line? Or is that only for RAP guests? I have no idea what to do with the thing while I try to ride a ride... Just park it somewhere? DO I qualify for RAP, or do I need a doctor's note? I'm not trying to jump lines unfairly. But if I could stay off my foot and still abide by the rules... I wouldn't say no to that.

TIA for any help!

1. No they do not ask for any medical proof.
1b. - Yes you can get a passholder discount on the daily ECV, wheelchair and stroller rentals.

2. Yes, you can get an exit pass from guest relations. They may let you board right away, depending on how busy the attraction is or give you a time to come back. If you're with a group of people that you want to ride with, they'll let you wait at the exit while your party waits in the regular queue and you can board with them once they reach the loading platform.

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
So, here I am on vacation with some dear friends of ours that we haven't seen in ages. I haven't been able to go to BGW with them in 7 years... So, it's an understatement to say I was looking forward to it. We enjoyed one great day at WCUSA, where my sandal broke in the beginning of the day, and I walked around barefoot the rest of the day. I didn't think it would be so bad... I've had an ankle injury in the past, but it hasn't acted up in ages...
Well, I was wrong. Toward the end of the day, I was doing nothing except walking out of the stinkin' wave pool when I took a step and had excruciating pain in my heel. Only in my heel, and only when I put weight on it. Bizarre. I've never felt anything like it. (It is on my bad foot, though.) I can hobble around on my one good foot, by only using the ball of my injured foot, not the heel. I'm not going to go to a doctor down here, I'm going to wait until I can get to my doctor at home next week.
But I'll be darned if I miss out on this BGW trip that was 7 years in the making. I'm stubbornly determined. So, I need some help from those who know:

TIA for any help!
2. To add on, the most common reason for an RAP (Ride Accessability Program) sheet is "can't sit or stand for more than 5-10 minutes." If you have a hard time physically waiting in the line, they will gladly issue you one. You can also get them from a Park Ops supervisor, simply ask the emplyee at the entrance to a ride that you would like their area's supervisor to enroll you in the Ride Accessability Program and they should call them to come over. They will get your information and often let you ride while they go print off the paper. The process is a bit longer than GR, but if GR has a huge line, it may be easier to do that.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad