Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I have seen multiple reports online and heard stories from friends that BGW had some sort of error yesterday sbd that people have discovered that they were charged multiple times for one credit card purchase. One friend has said their meal was charged TEN times on their card statement. If you gave been recently check your bills.

I have seen multiple reports online and heard stories from friends that BGW had some sort of error yesterday sbd that people have discovered that they were charged multiple times for one credit card purchase. One friend has said their meal was charged TEN times on their card statement. If you gave been recently check your bills.
I wonder who they use as a POS server because my company experienced the same thing.

I was in the park yesterday evening and while I do not have multiple charges on my credit card, I can confirm that there was a significant delay in processing my credit card at each of the registers I was at making food and beverage lines very long.

I was in the park yesterday evening and while I do not have multiple charges on my credit card, I can confirm that there was a significant delay in processing my credit card at each of the registers I was at making food and beverage lines very long.
*Update: Looks like I have multiple duplicate charges as well. Since these are pending charges on a credit card not a debit card, they usually resolve by the time they post.

I would call the bank or cardholder as well. I checked and both accounts i’ve used over the weekend are fine, ours was also just $3 purchases as well from bars.

Reactions: Le Moose
Even though this seems to be an issue on behalf of the card processing company, I wanted to cover all my bases and I called CS, They said they would get to work on a ticket to track it for me, so that they could report back to me once the charges had been refunded. They started their spiel about doing a phone survey to rate their performance as if everything was already settled.

I asked how they would track the progress of this ticket without any identifying information whatsoever (less they could see my phone number on a called ID, but even still, which of the thousands of transactions were mine?), and the gentleman seemed genuinely stumped.

Eventually they (reluctantly?) took my membership barcode info. MAYBE they can see timestamps associated with our purchases that way, but I know with some of the transactions we scanned my girlfriend's pass but I used my card.

I know that eventually this will be settled, but I definitely found it comical that they seemed to already be in a routine of brushing people off as if they were actually actively doing something to correct it all.

All that being said, it'll be a bummer to lose all these credit card points I have from my supposed $1,500 spending spree on Sunday.

I know that eventually this will be settled, but I definitely found it comical that they seemed to already be in a routine of brushing people off as if they were actually actively doing something to correct it all.
Having to field a bunch of those calls this past weekend I can tell you this:
Often from the merchant end we have little idea what’s going on and have no way to fix it other than reporting to the POS company that it happened.

Reactions: Nicole and Murphy
Having to field a bunch of those calls this past weekend I can tell you this:
Often from the merchant end we have little idea what’s going on and have no way to fix it other than reporting to the POS company that it happened.

I can only imagine how tough it is dealing with the calls. I suppose what I meant, is that they could be telling customers that it has nothing to do with them, and that the processing company is working on it, rather than implying that they themselves were taking care of it.

Of course the general public won't understand this, and will see it as BGW's fault, and they would feel like they were getting brushed off.

They are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for sure.

I can only imagine how tough it is dealing with the calls. I suppose what I meant, is that they could be telling customers that it has nothing to do with them, and that the processing company is working on it, rather than implying that they themselves were taking care of it.

Of course the general public won't understand this, and will see it as BGW's fault, and they would feel like they were getting brushed off.

They are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for sure.
Yea. Not saying this is the case but maybe that guys has just dealt with that so much that day he was just tired of the song and dance.

Reactions: Murphy
One friend has said their meal was charged TEN times on their card statement.

Were the charges really on a statement, or showing online? Seems unlikely that an end of cycle statement would reflect transactions made yesterday.

With enough time elapsing now, are these transactions still pending, or have they actually posted duplicates?

Were the charges really on a statement, or showing online? Seems unlikely that an end of cycle statement would reflect transactions made yesterday.

With enough time elapsing now, are these transactions still pending, or have they actually posted duplicates?
As if there AM FB post today they are "still showing" I don't know details on what that means.

In my case all of my 9/17 transactions from BGW have processed. They are all legitimate to my best guess. The only ones that look like duplicates are likely similarly priced transactions. For example, I bought a beer at Grogans using the Stein Club card, for $5.83, then we got another one at Brauhaus, also for $5.83.

Sunday, 9/18 has almost all of the duplicate transactions processed, but a few from later in the evening are still pending. Perhaps they are working their way backwards from park close and are keeping potential duplicates pending in order to be able to cancel them?

Typically for my business the batch is run at midnight each night, and those transactions from that day are processed at that point, so I'm not sure what the distinction is between my different transactions. I have a retail/merchandise transaction from the afternoon that cleared 10 times at $41.49, but another $78 purchase from an hour later that is still pending.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad