Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Someone on Instagram suggested that Drop Tower should be repainted this off-season. I think that's a pretty good idea, because not only does the ride desperately need some fresh paint, but it's also located right next to the entrance to WaterWorks, which is already being revitalized this season. What do you guys think?

Reactions: John and wombat96
Anyone else like the King's Island paint scheme better? Sure, a fresh yellow and orange would look great, but changing it up would really be a nice touch to the park.
Drop_Tower_Scream_Zone_-_Kings_Island.jpg

Reactions: SWStevo
I don't like that scheme better than the current one for Drop Tower. However, I'm all for changing it up when the time comes. Maybe they could paint it up like a gigantic cigarette. :)

Reactions: Mushroom and John
Mazakman said:
I don't like that scheme better than the current one for Drop Tower. However, I'm all for changing it up when the time comes. Maybe they could paint it up like a gigantic cigarette. :)

Advertise it as an anti-smoking ploy. "Chose thrill rides, not tobacco"

Reactions: MAZ
Drop tower broke down leaving riders stuck at the top for 15 20 minutes before they were able to lower it. Anybody know if its done anything like that before?

horsesboy said:
Drop tower broke down leaving riders stuck at the top for 15 20 minutes before they were able to lower it. Anybody know if its done anything like that before?

I've seen this happen several times.

Rode this thing twice Sunday.. Those were my first rides ever on a drop tower. What a rush. It took my breath away when it released. The anticipation of that release click was nerve racking. I counted how long it took for the release from the Delirium line to kind of anticipate it. Of course, he (ride op) started counting down from 10, but released around 5. I counted 4-5 seconds from stop at top from Delirium. Never thought I'd ride this thing, but glad I did and didn't get stuck! Peer pressure does work sometimes.

Is it typical for this ride to have multiple hangups (literally) during a weekend? Yesterday, it was stuck at the top at least 3 times that I saw it, with most of the time being 5-10 minutes from when I noticed. We were eating in Victoria's Pizza as it went up, then just sat there. Saw security heading to it from the restaurant. I was think about riding it, but with multiple times getting stuck at the top, you'd think that they might close it down to figure out what's wrong. But they kept re-opening after a couple test drops empty then it would hangup again later. I stay'd away.

Reactions: aceistheplace
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad