Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
I realize this will probably become a dry thread very quickly, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Why is it that the park has no convenient area for guests to be dropped off or picked up? The only area I've thought to use is by the England parking lot behind Wild Reserve where the road forms a roundabout of sorts. The security guard thought I was a loon.

There is a pickup/drop off section right in front of the main ticket boots in the France lot. You just tell the ticket booth attendant that you are dropping someone off and they give you a drop off pass (with a "D" on it) to hang on your mirror that allows you access to that area. You don't have to pay, show your season pass, or anything. When you come back for pickup, just have it on your mirror and they wave you right through.

Reactions: Brandon
Ok I'll go ahead and call that one my bad. ;) But I can't imagine I'm the only one that's run into that issue before. The park doesn't exactly bring that feature to your attention, but I wouldn't expect them to.

Another fun fact: the park allows you to come in to "shop" for free anytime for two hours. You take your day pass and parking receipt to GR when you get there and they give you a "shopping pass." You can return it within two hours of the time stamp for a full refund of your admission and parking. ;)

I think this thread should be renamed "small hidden freebies from the park". Are there anymore little freebie things that the park does? By freebie I mean not having to pay for such service or anything the park does but keeps hidden?

Party Rocker said:
I think this thread should be renamed "small hidden freebies from the park". Are there anymore little freebie things that the park does? By freebie I mean not having to pay for such service or anything the park does but keeps hidden?

Medicine. They sell medicine, band aids, feminine products, etc. at many of the gift shops, but you can go to first aid (or stop and ask any first aid worker throughout the park) for any of that stuff and get it free.

Shafor said:
Party Rocker said:

Medicine. They sell medicine, band aids, feminine products, etc. at many of the gift shops, but you can go to first aid (or stop and ask any first aid worker throughout the park) for any of that stuff and get it free.

Those products that are sold are also tax free ;)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad