Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
On August 10th, 2023, Dorney Park officially announced Iron Menace, a new, Bolliger & Mabillard-made, 160ft tall dive coaster coming to the former site of Stinger in 2024. This steel mill-themed coaster will feature a 152ft tall, 95 degree first drop, four inversions, and be the North East's first dive machine.

dp-23-ironmenace-mediagallery-infographic.jpg

Promotional Video:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Fact Sheet:​

• Designer: Bolliger & Mabillard
  • Coaster Type: Dive Machine
  • Lift Height: 160 Feet
  • Drop Height: 152 Feet
  • Max Drop Angle: 95 Degrees
  • Top Speed: 64 Miles Per Hour
  • Inversions: 4
    • Immelman
    • Zero G-Roll
    • Inclined Loop (World’s First on a Dive Coaster)
    • Corkscrew
  • Length: 2,169 Feet
  • Duration: 90 Seconds
  • Trains: 2
  • Riders Per Train: 21
  • Hourly Capacity: 1,140

Animated POV​

Lore​

In the early 1900s, Scottish businessman Hiram S. McTavish opened McTavish Steel Mill, a direct competitor to Bethlehem Steel Company. Greed dictated McTavish’s every move, and he was well known to prioritize profits above people.

With an eye on maximizing output, McTavish created a massive hauler he dubbed “Iron Menace,” a device the steel industry had never seen. The rail transporter moved workers and ore at record volumes and dizzying speeds.

Suddenly the greedy steel baron mysteriously disappeared—no one knows how or where. Shortly after, McTavish Steel Mill closed. All that remains today are the mill’s decrepit shell, rusty relics and wild tales of the owner’s whereabouts.

Off-Ride Animated Fly-Around​

Concept Art​

dp-23-ironmenace-mediagallery-2.jpg dp-23-ironmenace-mediagallery-3.jpg dp-23-ironmenace-mediagallery-4.jpg dp-23-ironmenace-mediagallery-5.jpg dp-23-ironmenace-mediagallery-6-1.jpg dp-23-ironmenace-mediagallery-7.jpg

Official Website​

Last edited by a moderator:
Given most of the really positive reviews of Emperor this is should be a great add. Give Dorney a nice trio of B&Ms. I never once considered Dorney for a potential Dive and here we are. I always figured it would be Hershey or Great Adventure that moved on one since the Northeast didn’t really have a Dive in the market.

Is this something they'd build after the 2023 season, or would we be able to see construction if we go late this season? How is this usually done? I'm really glad to see CF investing in the smaller parks.

We just learned about preliminary plans for Dorney’s first new coaster in 15 years and you’re already asking what’s next?
I was just wondering if this was the green light for Dorney to construct the coaster, unless there’s another approval that needs to be passed. Actually, I do know what is NEXT after this coaster - Dorney will have its REVENGE! They will build the world’s first deliberate pain inducing attraction that will draw in all those people who chose Hershey or Kennywood over Dorney and throw them to their doom as punishment. NO MORE RUDE GUESTS! GIVE THE TEAM MEMBERS A UTOPIA!!
I think he may have been referring to the construction timeline, not the next ride after the dive coaster.
That is correct.

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad