Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Something to keep in mind is while the layout might look a tad bit bland at its current anticipated speed, we don't know the riding position yet which could affect the layout immensely. Not trying to put a spin on this story or anything, but the excitement might begin to boost over the next couple of months after more details are revealed. At the moment my only concern with this addition is the theming, as the area where the project is being constructed is incredibly bland and void of trees, which greatly contrasts many of the other more wooded attractions at the park. Although considering the surrounding trees and foliage near the parks coasters were essentially razed after this past season, perhaps that will be the new normal for future additions at Dollywood?

As the population ages, it's become apparent across the industry that nearly all parks have a need for more than one family coaster. Take a look at BGW, where we have arguably two-family coasters that are drastically different from one another. One is a smaller GCI that stays fairly low to the ground, hugging the terrain, and doesn't really have too many major drops and only a few pops of light floater airtime. The other is Verbolten which is a highly themed, very intense roller coaster with several high G-Force segments in near darkness. While they were both marketed as a family coaster the argument could be made that Verbolten has crossed the threshold into the adult coaster market with it's forceful launches and brutally intense indoor section compared to InvadR.

So while comparisons can be made between this and Firechaser Express it will simply be the next stepping stone in the Dollywood roller coaster line-up. This roller coaster is going to be "multigenerational" and serve as a stepping stone between Firechaser Express and some of the larger mechanical beasts in the park like Wild Eagle or Tennesse Torando that might be viewed as intimidating by younger riders. There is a large gap in the line-up, and as many others have already voiced in this thread, Dollywood is first and foremost a family park. The park recognizes that there is a gap in this line-up and is going to fill this in, before adding whatever is the next thoosie wet-dream addition to the park.

I really, really hope this is a spinning coaster. Fits the layout perfectly. Either that or an Intamin motorbike coaster similar to Wavebreaker, which the first turn after the third launch very much reminds me of.

Spinning or motorbike would be fun. I really enjoy Firechaser Express and I can't imagine it would just be another family launch coaster but one that doesn't go backward. It's got to have some twist.

No details that I can share but I am hearing some very interesting info from a source that I trust about this project and the park's expectations for it.
Without giving any details... Interesting in what way? Like "interesting-exciting", "interesting-headscratcher", "interesting-unique"?

Reactions: Coasternerd
So, I did a bit of digging with my own sources, and while I will not say any names, I can confirm this is heavily inspired by an existing multi-launch family coaster. I was able to get my source to send me a mock-up early concept logo though...

View attachment 25737

Now all I can hear in my head is Dolly saying "Auf Wiedersehennnnnnnn" in her accent, so thanks for that.

I remember enjoying Tenessee Tornado and thinking it was smooth and not head bangy at all. But that was years ago now.

Why? It doesn’t beat you up like other arrows.
I found it uncomfortable. I honestly always liked Vortex (in the back, never in the front) better than TT. Regardless of that, I just want some park somewhere to finally make this move to hopefully jump start other parks doing it.

I rode just a few weeks ago and it was glossy smooth
I don't understand why people always relate smoothness to headbanging or otherwise uncomfortable rides. Some of the smoothest coasters are the most uncomfortable for me to ride while some of the roughest are absolutely fine.

I found it uncomfortable. I honestly always liked Vortex (in the back, never in the front) better than TT. Regardless of that, I just want some park somewhere to finally make this move to hopefully jump start other parks doing it.

I don't understand why people always relate smoothness to headbanging or otherwise uncomfortable rides. Some of the smoothest coasters are the most uncomfortable for me to ride while some of the roughest are absolutely fine.
For me the only issue I had with Tennessee Tornado was that the G's were high enough that I could only do a couple rides before I had to take a break. But I really liked the ride.

For me the only issue I had with Tennessee Tornado was that the G's were high enough that I could only do a couple rides before I had to take a break. But I really liked the ride.
I don't at all think it's a bad ride.... I just think it suffers from those restraints. I think new Vekoma trains would make it very enjoyable for a lot of people including myself.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad