Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 25, 2021
Vekoma? The track looked different from their other works
yes.
From the DW FB page
"Join Ned Oakley in Spring 2023 on our largest family adventure yet: Big Bear Mountain.
This multi-launch Vekoma coaster contains 3,990 ft. of track, expanding Wildwood Grove with a six-acre ride.
Prepare for things to get BIG by watching our exclusive first look at ride animation."

Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I’m kinda surprised it’s really just a big launched family coaster. Definitely expected some kind of ATV/dirtbike trains to differentiate it a little (and to fit the “theme” better), but the 39” height req. will do wonders.
It looks jeep themed to be which is a nice fit even if not the bike style I was hoping for. I also like the waterfall interaction. It looks like a great addition to me.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
There is supposedly a third stage to this Wildwood Grove expansion that Dollywood has been doing that we'll probably start hearing about next year.

It all begins again.
The message I got back from a close personal source after I shared Dollywood's announcement was "just wait cause you ain't seen nothing yet".

From my personal perspective Dollywood just spent a lot in infrastructure upgrades last year as big as this announcement those upgrades definitely support something more.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
The message I got back from a close personal source after I shared Dollywood's announcement was "just wait cause you ain't seen nothing yet".

From my personal perspective Dollywood just spent a lot in infrastructure upgrades last year as big as this announcement those upgrades definitely support something more.

I believe that Big Bear Mountain is also laying even more groundwork for future developments as well.

The scenery and some of the pathways are very suspicious considering how bluntly they end in some areas.

Lori Marie Loud

Now Look What Mistakes Were Made
Dec 6, 2021
I believe that Big Bear Mountain is also laying even more groundwork for future developments as well.
Absolutely.

If this CoasterForce post holds any truth at all, Big Bear Mountain is the jumping off point of a multi - year expansion plan and this is only the first of a potential 4 coasters until 2030. There were three coasters in the 2019 survey (B&M Hyper, Mack Xtreme Spinner, Indoor Coaster) and this isn't one of them. I fully believe it is possible that all of those survey coasters are coming. The same person who supplied the 4 new coasters by 2030 rumor also stated that Vekoma signed a multi-coaster deal with Dollywood and there were three at most recent (those would be Dragonflier, this and an unknown one). Plus the long rumored Sally Dark Ride might finally make its appearance (it's definitely coming, there was a survey for it back in Feb 2020. This was seemingly going to be the 2023 addition and not Big Bear Mountain due to Dollywood's comments about them working with a manufacturer they've never worked with before for 2023, but it looks like they got swapped).

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad