Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 29, 2011
Disneyland is facing two racism lawsuits.

Apparently their costumed characters ignored children because of their skin color.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276002/Second-family-accuses-Disneyland-racism-Donald-Duck-refuses-hug-son.html#axzz2KRkItZ40

Unagi said:
Disneyland is facing two racism lawsuits.

Apparently their costumed characters ignored children because of their skin color.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276002/Second-family-accuses-Disneyland-racism-Donald-Duck-refuses-hug-son.html#axzz2KRkItZ40

Lulz are being had on several DLR WDW sites.

B.Mac said:
This certainly beats all the groping and assault lawsuits that have happened before this over the years.

It is epic. How pathetic can people get.

I think if what the article says is true, which is certainly not proven. They may have a case, mostly because the Character ignored them and moved on to the next person in line. Of course there could be other complications other than race. But I doubt this case will be thrown out, especially if it is the same person as the previous lawsuit.

Ben said:
I think if what the article says is true, which is certainly not proven. They may have a case, mostly because the Character ignored them and moved on to the next person in line. Of course there could be other complications other than race. But I doubt this case will be thrown out, especially if it is the same person as the previous lawsuit.

No there are too many variables these news agencies are not factoring. How did these people fall in line? Were they pass over by the attendant due to them trying to just walk up and bypass the line? Did anyone in the family do or say anything to make the character or attendant uncomfortable around them? This is a petty frivilous suit that will be thrown out.

People of all races visit the Disney parks. Everywhere you look in any Disney park is like It's A Small World. I don't see how these people are so sure it's racism when there are so many other races there.

Reactions: b.mac and Parkgoer
This Is just ridiclous. It's pathetic what people will sue over now a days. Disney may just settle and have non disclosure agreements rather then have this go to court. Less publicity the better.

Crackel said:
This Is just ridiclous. It's pathetic what people will sue over now a days. Disney may just settle and have non disclosure agreements rather then have this go to court. Less publicity the better.

I'm poking around to see if I can find anything out. All the people I have spoke when have just laughed. If Disney settled on every accusation a frivolous lawsuit put up they would be broke by now.

I have a hard time believing that an actor hired by a company like Disney, would do such a thing on purpose. I've dressed up as a mascot character once for a children's event and let me tell you- you can't see, hear, you are burning up inside, your balance is way off, and all you hear is mumbled kids yelling at you from all angles.

When I was three and went to Disney- I was snubbed by Mickey Mouse himself! I ran up to Mickey crying "Mickey! Mickey!" and I was anxious to have him hug me just like the other kids. Except that when he moved his head, his ears whacked me in the temple and I hit the ground. I cried and cried and thought that Mickey hated me. But you know what... in retrospect, the character's handler should have seen me and then guided me to stand in front of Mickey in that very SMALL window of vision the actors do have.

Still, if a court decides there is enough evidence that this actor did something so blatant as the article states.. well, let the chips fall where they may.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad