Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Oct 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
My parents in law just sat in on a meeting ar a timeshare in williamsburg and they were told BG is being sold to disney and that the sale will be made public on november 14. Has anyone else heard about this??

Jul 22, 2010
You have a better chance of winning the lottery ten times back to back before that would happen.

Apr 29, 2011
Disney doesn't buy existing parks and rebrand them. They build them from the ground up!

Besides, their main focus right now is international expansion.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
1) I wouldn't go that far and say Disney would ruin everything.
2) Disney usually doesn't do regional parks or buy them out. They're more into destination resorts. Even if Disney was in talks with Blackstone, the most that would come out of that would be a timeshare if anything.

Oct 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Agreed, I just hope Disney isn't trying something new. As for the ruining everything, they would certainly make more changes than blackstone did (minimal) which would worry me if these rumors are actually true.

Apr 21, 2010
How is there even conversation about this? Let's think for a moment....out of all the connections this website has inside the park and the industry, wouldn't we know if Disney was going to buy the park? This info is coming from let me say this once "A timeshare presenter"!. That's like the security guard at Kingsmill breaking this news.

We are smarter than this guys....come on now.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I was going to post something like ^ earlier, but didn't want to sound prideful. I know a multitude of people inside Busch Gardens Williamsburg and I speak to people with connections all throughout Florida (inside SWP&E, Disney, and beyond). The chances of something like this flying under our (and everyone else's) radar is extremely slim. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I'm saying that it would be near-impossible.

Also, a side-note: I haven't seen anyone do it but don't bash the guy for posting a rumor. This is apparently a rumor and this is the rumors board. Just wanted to get that in there before someone inevitably went there. :p

Oct 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'd urge everyone to ask around the park on your next visit. The woman at guest relations was tightlipped but i was genuinely shocked when she said disney and blackstone had been talking.

It just doesn't seem possible that something this big could be kept so secretive if it were true which I'd still say it definitively is not.

Dec 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Zachary said:
Also, a side-note: I haven't seen anyone do it but don't bash the guy for posting a rumor. This is apparently a rumor and this is the rumors board. Just wanted to get that in there before someone inevitably went there. :p

I'd also like to thank you for this. As soon as I read that first post I was thinking, "Uh-oh. I hope this guy doesn't get bombed." :)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad