Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Sky

Jul 7, 2010
Florida
The week before Memorial Day weekend my family is flying down to Orlando to stay at the Polynesian for the second time, eighth time in WDW. We are also driving over to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. While we have been to WDW many times, first time to IoA, we obviously don't know everything about the World. Any hidden jems? Your faves?? (If it's ok with Admins you can talk about IoA, too).

-Sky

[This mod doesn't care. ~Swiftman]

Skyrider said:
The week before Memorial Day weekend my family is flying down to Orlando to stay at the Polynesian for the second time, eighth time in WDW. We are also driving over to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. While we have been to WDW many times, first time to IoA, we obviously don't know everything about the World. Any hidden jems? Your faves?? (If it's ok with Admins you can talk about IoA, too).

-Sky

If you talk to the right people then there is enough to do at Disney and fill with two weeks up. I could write a whole long write up about what to do there and best way to go about your attack. Disney forums are going to be your best bet though. I was actually there the weekend before Memorial Day last year. Some parks will on the bogged side and it was very hot which is unusual for that weekend, I'll look up the typical and post it later in the post.

Pro's would be the public school have not yet let out (unless central in a bit different than SoFlo where I lived for a bit. The weather SHOULD be perfect about that time, 80/85 during the day with mid 60s at night. There is a good chance there will be an influx of several thousand people there with a changeover of the college program and the local colleges will be out.

How long will your visit be. That would help a lot to figure up a good plan of action. I'll take a peek at some special events to see what's going on and what will be under rehab for you. A time frame will help a lot with throwing something together, as well as whether or not you are renting a car, dining plan, hopper pass, etc.

As far as IoA goes, GET THERE EARLY! Go strait for wizarding world then do the other things. Im sure the others that are more fluent on that park will agree.

I have only been to Disney once when I was 7, but I can tell you some things for WWOHP. Head straight there once you arrive. Ollivanders can typically be one of the most worthless waits in the park, so knock it out first. Then do Forbidden Journey and take your time in the queue. There are LOTS of things to see in the queue, so take your time. FJ is also one of the most stunning dark rides in the world, so no matter what the queue is, go for it!

Lastly, The Butter Beer is AMAZING! You can't go to WWOHP without drinking a few Butter Beers.

Alright,

Polynesian Resort - May 20-25
Dining Plan - 4 Day Disney Passes(Not hoppers)

We more than likely are only doing the Kingdom, mainly because we've all done the rest, but MK is our second home. No water parks. I've also been to both, love 'em too, but not this time. Oh and both my sister and I are teens(16 and 17).

-Sky

Skyrider said:
Alright,

Polynesian Resort - May 20-25
Dining Plan - 4 Day Disney Passes(Not hoppers)

We more than likely are only doing the Kingdom, mainly because we've all done the rest, but MK is our second home. No water parks. I've also been to both, love 'em too, but not this time. Oh and both my sister and I are teens(16 and 17).

-Sky

Which Kingdom are you referencing, there are two there ;) . A fifth of Magic Kingdom is closed right now, there is no way you can slam 4 days just into that park. I would plan park visits around the extra magic hours parks (particularly the night time ones).

Star Wars days is an experience and is held at DHS on these dates while you are there "May 20 to 22, 2011." Star Tours is going to be opening back up from a complete rehab on May 20. I am stoked about that but wont get to hit it until this summer.

Look into a "Dining Spectacular" style dinner while you are there. The luau at Polynesian has had so so food each time I have done it (I personally wouldn't do it again until the menu changes). Fort Wilderness has a show called the "Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review," and it rules. You get all you can eat cornbread, beans, fried chicken, ribs, strawberry shortcake, and some other, as well as all you can drink Bud Light and Sangria for the adults.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad