Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Complete BS. Disney will never get into the airline industry. Although air travel is safer that just about any other type of travel when things do happen they get very bad press and Disney does not want that.

Complete BS. Disney will never get into the airline industry. Although air travel is safer that just about any other type of travel when things do happen they get very bad press and Disney does not want that.

Add to that the fact that the airline industry isn't that profitable. That's something Disney will not want.

Also, there are no available gates at MCO for Disney to use and no existing airline there will give up any so Disney can take over their service and cut into what little profit the already make..

Reactions: Zimmy
On the rolling with the news side of things, I can see them doing it by purchasing a small regional airline with a gate at MCO. And then do their own full travel booking from select airports like BWI, Logan JFK, O'Hara.

Disney has always had partner airlines. At one time they were going to partner with Pan-Am but as I understand it personalities clashed at the executive level and Disney ultimately decided that they were only interested in a domestic airline. I think they were with Eastern for a time and I know they were with Delta.

(I know this from the history of Pan-Am not for any particular knowledge of Disney)

If Disney wanted a gate at MCO they could get it given the fact that a large portion of guests that come through that airport are going or coming from WDW. Im pretty sure MCO would build another terminal if they wanted it.

Lots of things are "the official so and so of Walt Disney World"...that just means whos paying up right now or giving the best deals to them. Thats like Dixie paper products. They thought thye had Disney locked up but when they refused to sell them just cups and not lids and straws for the number of cups they bought overnight they struck a deal with Solo who now supplies cups. Dixie was the official brand until then.

Disney actually used to have an airport on property that flew guests from Orlando and Tampa to the park. Apparently they had plans to make it a much bigger airport but it never took off. You can read more about it here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zachary
Yup it is. Just used for storage and stuff now instead of planes.

It basically been used for years as staging areas for construction projets in the MK area. We lost more of it with this past interchange work right there.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad