Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The park always talks about how Verbolten will be a throwback to Big Bad Wolf, and it is with the theme, locatation, station, and some of the design. Die Wildkatze is also a lot like Verbolten too. It sits at the exact same spot as BBW/Verbolten and you ride in small cars. Also the area it was in was very wooded back then like todays "Black Forest" is suposed to be. When I rode this ride at Williams Grove, it reminded me of a runaway car ride. So it seems like the park may have forgotten about the orignal ride at this location that has somewhat the same theme.

Reactions: netdvn and BBW
Interesting point! Speaking of the trees, I can't wait til they get tress back in the outside areas of Verbolten, since it is supposed to be the Black Forest.

I'm sorry I missed Die Wildkatze!

That really is quite the amazing picture. In fact, as far as I know, it's the only one online that shows that half of the coaster at all. Thanks a ton for digging it up and enjoy the +rep! :D

I still remember the ride-ops warning you after you boarded by saying "Please brace yourself for a hard jolt as the train engages the lift and once again for a sudden stop at the end of the ride."

I grew up in the area around what is now Adventure Park USA. The road that now serves as the approach to that place used to be a completely desolate semi-abandoned dead end road. High school kids would take their cars up there and turn donuts in the middle of the road like crazed stuntman maniacs, knowing there was exactly zero traffic coming in either direction, ever.

Even after visiting Adventure Park USA, the fact that there is a micro-amusement park/FEC standing there in that middle of nowhere zone outside of New Market MD continues to blow my mind.

7mNYd53.jpg

Small coaster. It has some fun turns, but nothing really forceful. I can see why they got rid of it.

I too grew up near APUSA, and have had the pleasure of riding this coaster many times. I attribute it's slight rougness to its age, but this thing is solid for what it is. A total blast to marathon. One of those credits that is just kinda cool to have, when it used to be at BGW.

Reactions: jornor
I grew up just down the road from that park... it appears to have been built on land that was once owned by some family friends. Surreal and delightful to ride an ex-BGW roller coaster located on a pal’s onetime acreage. Though I could do without the religious praise anthems that were playing in the bathroom at the time.

I grew up just down the road from that park... it appears to have been built on land that was once owned by some family friends. Surreal and delightful to ride an ex-BGW roller coaster located on a pal’s onetime acreage. Though I could do without the religious praise anthems that were playing in the bathroom at the time.
I had family that lived and still lives in the New Market & Frederick MD area, I grew up around the Frederick area. And after finally reading thru this thread, I didn't even realize that this was at BGW before and was a favorite ride at BGW growing up. Also, had to call my mom about it because was some fun memories with my Pap on this ride when we use to go to the park growing up. Also, about 3 years before he passed away we went to Adventure World USA and I actually rode it twice with him. If I only would of caught this thread then how it would of been like old times riding this coaster with him again. I may have to venture there when I come up to BGW so that I can go up to the park and do a memory ride for him, and to ride with my nephews to let them know how this ride was a favorite of mine with Pap and then share and start a memory with them.
Thank you guys so much for this now, I would of never knew this. Another reason why I like this Forum and sharing about parks and ride history.
I greatly appreciate this, thank you all for sharing this memory now that I can share with my nephews. I am now making sure to make an extra little trip while up there to go ride this with them.??????‍?‍?‍? GREAT BIG KUDOS & THANKS AGAIN for this.

disownedpear said:
The state of Maryland took Adventure Parks permission to run two cars on Wildcat since they kept colliding, because the park did an in-house modification to ironically increase capacity. It's pretty sketchy over there ha.
Worrying for the future of this ride. I'd love for BGW to buy the ride back and run it in Drachen's plot for 2022 if Drachen Spire is pushed back to 2023 and the plot would be otherwise empty. I've said this for Glissade too when the news of Quimera going to Indiana Beach broke.

And can somebody fix the tag? Die Wildkatze is a coaster, not a flat.

Last edited:
I've been on it's sister that comes to the fair, decent air time, actually really fun lol!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad