Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 29, 2009
That was always may favorite kiddie ride. I loved the feeling of freedom and control. Does anyone know if the "accelerator stick" in the planes actually do anything? I don't even know if they still have those.

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
I could have sworn the stick was used to make the plane go up or down? Unless it was done by a button, but I'm pretty sure that's what the stick was for.

It always sucked though if you got stuck with a kid in the other spot on the plane who didn't want to go up, because the moment you started moving up, they would make the plane go down.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Here's a super obscure trivia fact I just learned: apparently the word "roto" doesn't exist in German. The German word for "red" is "roter," not "roto." So BGW just made that word up!

Reactions: Zachary
Sep 29, 2009
This was my favorite ride when I was a kid. I sometimes wish there was an adult version of this ride. They could call it “Die Verrückte Baron” (The Crazy Baron). The rider could set the intensity of the launch, and when they pull down on the lever, it would launch them at least 30 feet in the air.

Does anyone know if anything like this already exists?

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
This was my favorite ride when I was a kid. I sometimes wish there was an adult version of this ride. They could call it “Die Verrückte Baron” (The Crazy Baron). The rider could set the intensity of the launch, and when they pull down on the lever, it would launch them at least 30 feet in the air.

Does anyone know if anything like this already exists?

Maybe something a bit like Apollo at Dorney Park but on a larger scale? Riders individually control when their car launches up.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I thought the Glissade stood roughly near where the bumper cars and the station of VB currently stand, so it could be in roughly the same location?

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Roto Baron was once Roter Baron and was by Glissade

Great find. I think this officially puts to bed the debate about Roto Baron being renamed, and technically makes Roto Baron the only ride in the park (excluding Catapult and the different variations of its name) to have been renamed.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
What’s up with the different variations of Le Catapult?

I'd argue that "The Catapult," "Der Katapult," and "Le Catapult" are all different versions of the same name, so Catapult doesn't count as a ride that's been renamed.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad