Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 30, 2013
Maryland
After seeing a post about turning LotD into a daycare center (obviously wouldn't work) I got a great idea for where a daycare-ish center could fit in to BGW

How about a free supervised play area (daycare) inside the upcoming resort.

It could have some video games, a ball pit, maybe a small indoor playground, basically what you would see at ikea.

The service could be offered for free and be exclusive to guests staying at the resort (to limit capacity and add turn it into a major draw for the resort).

There would obviously have to be a time limit. The purpose would be to allow parents to go on a ride or two or have some quiet time, not for children to be left there all day.

What do you think?

Apr 29, 2011
The Disney and Universal resorts already have programs (not free) like this so if the park were to build a resort they would have to seriously consider it.

Here's info on Disney's daycare programs -

http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids/childcare.htm

May 30, 2013
Maryland
I thought it might be a great draw to the resort. I hate it when already expensive resorts try to nickle and dime their guests.

Apr 29, 2011
Griff said:
Are their programs time limited, or are they all day?

They're limited usually to night time hours after 4 p.m. or 5 p.m.

Kids spend most of the time in the park earlier in the day. Having these evening hours allows adults to go to places like Universal Citywalk or Downtown Disney which tend to be dead during the daytime but are bustling at night.

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Griff said:
I thought it might be a great draw to the resort. I hate it when already expensive resorts try to nickle and dime their guests.

How are they going to pay for people to work their? Its a business, they have to make money.

Unagi said:
They're limited usually to night time hours after 4 p.m. or 5 p.m.

Kids spend most of the time in the park earlier in the day. Having these evening hours allows adults to go to places like Universal Citywalk or Downtown Disney which tend to be dead during the daytime but are bustling at night.

Something which is lacking at BGW and Williamsburg overall. What besides go out to dinner is going to warrant adults to pay extra for dropping off their kid? Certainly not the parks?

May 30, 2013
Maryland
I think a lot of parents would like a place to leave their kids while they go on a ride or two. Especially with all of the coasters at BGW

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Griff said:
I think a lot of parents would like a place to leave their kids while they go on a ride or two. Especially with all of the coasters at BGW

Possibly, but is it worth paying extra for? honestly think it would be more successful if there was more nightlife in the area.

Is there one nightclub there?

May 30, 2013
Maryland
I think that we are thinking of two different things, the term daycare is kind of misleading.

I was imagining a service for resort guests where they flash their room keys and drop off their kids for half an hour while they go on a ride or two.

That's kind of why I pictured it being free.

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Griff said:
I think that we are thinking of two different things, the term daycare is kind of misleading.

I was imagining a service for resort guests where they flash their room keys and drop off their kids for half an hour while they go on a ride or two.

hmm, I was thinking of what Unagi said, A place where adults drop off their kids to go enjoy adult activities, and those activities are severely lacking.

It would probably be sucessful, but not free(Unless the hotel is all inclusive). I think I might be over thinking it.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
That's called child swap. Most parks in the country do it, including BGW. You don't need to drop your kids off anywhere, but both parents get to ride the rides if they do it.

Any daycare service isn't gonna be free. The park has to pay those sitters somehow right?

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
I would NEVER take my child to a daycare like this. As a parent, I would either find a way to take turns with another adult/parent or stick to the family & kiddie rides until she grows up, or find that occasional trip when I can go without the little one. I just wouldn't feel comfortable leaving her. That's just me.

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
chickenking said:
I would NEVER take my child to a daycare like this. As a parent, I would either find a way to take turns with another adult/parent or stick to the family & kiddie rides until she grows up, or find that occasional trip when I can go without the little one. I just wouldn't feel comfortable leaving her. I would be worried and a little ashamed. That's just me.

Little confused by this response, is this your take on any daycare center? Or just one at BGW?

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
Any entertainment venue where I go with my kid. Don't want to be split up when we go out together as a family. Especially at this young age (6).

Sep 5, 2010
RICHMOND
Careful, there, CK. People get particular and defensive when it comes to discussing parenting dos and don'ts.

(I stumbled into the daycare fight once on accident, so I'm just speaking from cautious experience)

Reactions: chickenking
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
I am only saying that I don't want to put my child in a daycare setup like this when we go on a family trip. Not saying it is right or wrong; or parenting dos or don'ts.
Sorry for any confusion.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad