Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Don't have a linkable source on this yet, but David Cromwell, former president of Aquatica San Diego, has been promoted to the park president of SEAS Williamsburg-area properties (Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA). If the name David Cromwell sounds familiar, it is because he was previously in charge of Water Country USA.

This post will be updated as we get more information...

3/4/2016 (3:15pm) Update: Check out Nicole's post below for the full official press release.

3/4/2016 (10:20pm) Update: Our official main site post is now live, here. Enjoy!

Thanks to TheMostHappy for getting the info out so promptly!

I just got this:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg said:
BUSCH GARDENS WILLIAMSBURG ANNOUNCES DAVID CROMWELL NAMED AS NEW PARK PRESIDENT

Williamsburg, Va., Mar. 4, 2016 – Busch Gardens Williamsburg, voted the world's most beautiful theme park for 25 consecutive years, today announced the promotion of David Cromwell, current Vice President of Aquatica San Diego, to Park President Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA, effective April 1.

Prior to assuming his current position, Cromwell served as Vice President of Water Country USA from 2010 to 2012. He succeeds Carl Lum, who was recently named San Antonio Park President.

Cromwell began his career with the company in 1997 at SeaWorld San Diego. He has led teams in a variety of positions across the company, including the information technology group where he aided in the development of new guest arrival technology. In 2006, he became SeaWorld San Diego Director of Park Operations and was then promoted to Vice President of Park Operations and held that role from 2008 to 2010. More recently, he successfully led the project team for the opening of the Aquatica park in California.

Cromwell attended San Diego State University (SDSU), graduating with a bachelor’s degree in communications with a minor in political science. He also earned a master’s degree in business administration from SDSU. David is a member of the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) and the World Waterpark Association.

About SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld rescue team has helped more than 27,000 animals in need over the last 50 years.

The company owns or licenses a portfolio of globally recognized brands including SeaWorld®, Shamu® and Busch Gardens®. Over its more than 50-year history, the company has built a diversified portfolio of 11 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection of over 800 species of animals. The company’s theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc., a publicly traded company. Copies of this and other news releases as well as additional information about SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. can be obtained online at www.seaworldentertainment.com.

Here's our official post!

Also, for anyone wondering what he looks like:

nKx0dOH.jpg

^San Diego? Am I missing something?

I wonder if he will give the announcement on pass member preview day. I know all new management positions are supposed to be effective starting April 1, but could he start sooner? With him being a guy that just arrived in town, I can understand why he might or might not.

Reactions: Luke
I've met him several times - very knowledgeable when it comes to operations so I'm excited. Always thought he was a bit shy but there's nothing wrong with that.

Also that pic? Not to be rude but it's not exactly an extremely professional picture to be flaunting on the Internet...(this is a critique of us posting that - not the fact that there is a pic of him on a beach drinking a Corona).

The picture above is from a professional profile his wife created. I would have loved to pick another option, but he has very little online presence.

Regardless, since his wife believed it fit for professional use, I'm comfortable sharing it on the forum. Note that it is not on BGWFans.

Reactions: jornor and Sky
Pretzel Kaiser said:
UncleDuncan said:
Nicole said:
So, will you lift your ban on BGW?

If he somehow finagles Carne Asada burritos into BGW, consider it done.

He'll offer them during CT just to spite you.

Oh please. They'd just run out an hour into the event and then say, "sorry" after you've stood in line for an hour with your refillable Carne Asada cup.

Reactions: deacfan31
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad